Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Feeling horrible!! (sorry - no drama lol) ~*~Update~*~

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 2:37 PM
  • 17 Replies

This week I've been bloated, slightly constipated. Then yesterday after breakfast my stomach went crazy. Last year around this time I went to the ER with severe stomach issues and diarrhea, ended having an intestinal virus. I was doubled over in pain, unable to eat or drink. Yesterday it felt like I was going through the same all over again. I went to the bathroom twice with diarrhea for the entire day, I tried numerous other times and nothing. I couldn't pass gas but I could burp. I went home and laid down and tried to at least get fluids in me. I decided in the early evening to have a bagel with nothing on it, my stomach was all kinds of twisted. When SO got home he played with DD so that I could at least get a little sleep. I slept for maybe an hour off and on. He was nice enough to cook dinner and tend to DD while I camped out on the couch or in bed. I couldn't eat anything else yesterday. I decided to have a small glass of milk before bed, in a few minutes my stomach was twisted and I was crying. I went to bed with my fingers and toes crossed that it was a 24 hour thing and I would be better by morning. 

I woke up this morning and I was the same. I didn't eat breakfast but I drank a V8 splash, just that little bit had my stomach twisted. I had a GYN appointment this morning and now I'm cramping and spotting from that. Then, she did the poking and prodding on my stomach and sent me into like electric shock pain. She didn't know so I couldn't get upset with her over it. I know I shouldn't have but I had a cheeseburger for lunch with DD and had a Sprite. All I want to do now is curl up in a ball and go to sleep. I'm hoping that SO will decide to stay in tonight so that I can go to bed early. I may be able to get off work a little early today, but I have to be at work tomorrow. So all the extra sleep that I can get would be awesome!!

Thanks for reading, like I said, no drama - sorry. LOL

Today seems to be a better day. I've only had diarrhea once since last night. I had a small bowl of wheat cereal this morning, it was a challenge not to fill my bowl with as much milk as I usually do. But at least I was able to eat with immediately having my stomach all twisted. I've been drinking clear juice all day (and when I remember, water), though I don't really have an appetite. The cramping has been coming and going, but nothing larger than a dull roar. SO spent the evening between the couch and the bed, though he was able to eat a little bit late last night. He hasn't had diarrhea or vomitting. DD's bowel movements have been getting better than what they were the other day. So, I'm taking a positive guess that this funky stomach bug is finally making it's way out of my system.

CafeMom Tickers

by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 2:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 2:42 PM

sorry you're feeling like this - my stomach was messed up last week too !  I could eat but nothing would "digest" right I was constantly in pain, I would burp and fart all day long (thank God for a private office with a closed door) I was popping Tums like candies - I would wake up in the middle of the night with acide burning my whole throat and taking extra-strong Pepsid AC before bed -  it went away after a week !

Garnet_Iris11
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 4:51 PM

It's just crazy. There's a stomach bug running around - my brother and his family got it last week and they were vomitting and diarrhea for 3-4 days. Thankfully I haven't, but the pain is crazy. Especially when nothing is happening. SO called me early and said his stomach wasn't feeling right.. then a little bit ago DD had a wacky surprise in her pull-up. Ugh.

Quoting Jinxed8:

sorry you're feeling like this - my stomach was messed up last week too !  I could eat but nothing would "digest" right I was constantly in pain, I would burp and fart all day long (thank God for a private office with a closed door) I was popping Tums like candies - I would wake up in the middle of the night with acide burning my whole throat and taking extra-strong Pepsid AC before bed -  it went away after a week !

QTMom2302
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 4:57 PM
1 mom liked this

How awful! I hope you get to feeling better soon. 

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Apr. 19, 2013 at 5:03 PM

I hope you're feeling better soon.

I have IBS so my digestive system is always messed up, didn't happen til my gallbladder was removed last year, Not fun.

Garnet_Iris11
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:30 PM
That's crappy!! Sorry to hear about that. I don't know what I would do if I had IBS.

Quoting mumsy2three:

I have IBS so my digestive system is always messed up, didn't happen til my gallbladder was removed last year, Not fun.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Try to give your stomach a break. No milk & no cheeseburgers. lol. Try the BRAT diet for a few days. That should settle it down. Good luck momma.

Crissy2424
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I thought the stomach bug was gone fully. Feel better!

tnt-manda
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:42 PM
Any nausea or vomiting?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
elzmnsf
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 9:34 PM
1 mom liked this
That happened to me too, a little over 10 yrs ago.... I had it out, then I was running to the restroom almost as soon as food was swallowed. And it was awful!! It has calmed down quite a bit. Most times I can eat a meal and not run to the restroom 3 times, or at all sometimes ! Anything artificial red will kill me though. One sip of a red slurpee and I am in pain for 2 days. Too much dairy first thing, ouch. Still anything really too greasy greasy will suck. But most foods I can cope with if I eat regularly and pay attention to triggers! A million times better than the few years right after surgery!!

To the op, no more glasses of milk and cheeseburgers till you've been better a bit! Lol! Plain foods, brat diet, hydration... Hope you all feel better ASAP!!

Quoting mumsy2three:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Apr. 20, 2013 at 7:33 AM

Dairy, greasy food, caffeine and nuts are my main triggers right now and of course stress. It is slowly getting better but not totally under control yet. I was seeing a GI doctor to make sure there wasn't anything else going on, he has me on probiotics and a higher fiber diet, which I try to stick to.

Quoting elzmnsf:

That happened to me too, a little over 10 yrs ago.... I had it out, then I was running to the restroom almost as soon as food was swallowed. And it was awful!! It has calmed down quite a bit. Most times I can eat a meal and not run to the restroom 3 times, or at all sometimes ! Anything artificial red will kill me though. One sip of a red slurpee and I am in pain for 2 days. Too much dairy first thing, ouch. Still anything really too greasy greasy will suck. But most foods I can cope with if I eat regularly and pay attention to triggers! A million times better than the few years right after surgery!!

To the op, no more glasses of milk and cheeseburgers till you've been better a bit! Lol! Plain foods, brat diet, hydration... Hope you all feel better ASAP!!

Quoting mumsy2three:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN