Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mirena IUD making me feel crazy!!

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 4:08 PM
  • 12 Replies

I have posted this in another group but no input on if anyone else has had this happen. 

HI everyone!! I have had the Mirena in place for almost 2years. About 5 months ago the string for it has tucked itself into my cervix which the Doc said will make it harder to remove the IUD when that time comes.

Ok so now I have been having pregnancy symptoms for the past 2 wks I am also 6 days late. I took a pregnancy test and it's negative. But I feel soooo Pregnant! I called my Gyn and they had me take an HCG blood test which resulted at a level 2 which means I am not pregnant. I feel like I am going crazy cuz I can feel something moving in my abdomen just under my belly button. Not a slight flutter I mean MOVEMENT!! It's trippin me out! My last 2 periods only lasted like 2 days and were brown. So could I be? Even thos the test are Neg? Yeah I know I am not but man this Mirena is driving me bonkers and will be having it removed ASAP! 

by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 4:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ochoa.mama
by Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 12:21 AM
I've had pregnancy symptoms with it and its confusing & stressful. I had the mirena in for 3yrs & took it out myself cuz I had pain & discomfort. Like poking & pain during intercourse. Heard of a lot of other ppls side effects & just took it out. Was hard to get ahokd of string but I feel normal again. I was also getting got flashes & I'm 33. Once yr periods seemed so unnatural to me. But it was the only thing I liked about it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
graycalico
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 2:44 AM
I've heard so many horror stories about mirena, I've changed my mind about getting one
LVmycam_n_bella
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 1:56 PM

It's so weird I tell you. I totally feel pregnant nausea and all. I have an appt scheduled to get it removed. The string is not visible so they need to do it while having me on US. What a headache wish I would have done more research and never had it put in. I feel crazy I keep feeling movement in my lower abdomen like every hour. I have had 4 kids so I know what baby movement feels like. This does not feel like gas. I took another urine HCG this morning and it's neg so I am not pregnant just feel like a wacko! lol 

emarin77
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 3:09 PM

Have you discussed this movement with your doctor?  If any time you want the Mirena out you can.  I have been on Mirena 4 years now, never had a problem with it.

chrystaljacobs
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 5:22 PM
I've never had symptoms like that, but I had my mirena for 4 and half years before having it removed. My strings were gone and it had migrated and dr couldn't take it out, so I had to have surgery to have it removed.
CafeMom Tickers
Sigmalade
by Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 7:11 PM

I have had my mirena for 4 years and have not had this problem. I would have the doc take it out. I do think you can feel them though.

EvilAngel13
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 7:15 PM

Good luck! I had the Mirena for 8 months and made my doctor take it out. It totally screwed up my system. I completely stopped having periods (which was the only good thing), Gained a bunch of weight I cant get rid of no matter how hard I try, Horrible mood swings, & pregnancy symptoms.I also took several pregnancy tests because I thought I was pregnant.  It has been out for 7 months now and I am just now starting to feel close to normal again. I wish I had never had it put in.

LVmycam_n_bella
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 7:51 PM

So I took a pregnancy test this morning and lets just say it's a light light light Pos test. I will be taking another one tomorrow morning maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me also. 

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:08 PM
Here's a bump! I've taken birth control pills since I was 23 so I'm no help. But keep us posted and let us know what happens! Hugs!
tifbrown
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Mirena mimics pregnancy, I noticed that starting to happen at around 2 years as well. You feel like your pregnant, you can be late, etc. It's kind of annoying but I really like Mirena. So far it's doing better for me than the pill ever has.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)