Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

what is the best way to loose weight?

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:06 PM
  • 31 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hello I'm 33 yrs old I have 3 kids and I am tired of being overweight I have back problems and I am just tired of the disconfort. I would like to know if there is any one out there that can give me the right advise on what is the effective way to loose weight and if there are any programs out there worth trying I am not a motivated person when it comes to working out I need to work on this. I have seen so many programs in the TV for exercising and supplements that it's confusing. Thank you all for your opinions.

by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Shawna510
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:13 PM
Diet and exercise is the only way to do it. You should join the group Healty Weight Loss and have one of the ladies do your BMR. You will then know the correct amount of calories to consume to loose weight. Good luck to ya! Hugs
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JenD_77
by Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I just downloaded two apps on my phone myself to try and help with loosing weight.. Lose It! and Noom.. both are free to use and can help with keeping track of calorie intake and what not.. though noom has a pedometer to count how much you walk.

lovebugs_mom906
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:17 PM
1 mom liked this
First of all, you need to remember that slow and steady wins the race. Diet pills and such may work faster, but people often gain the weight back and then some. I would go to this website: http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/ and figure out how many calories a day you need to eat. I use myfitnesspal to keep track of calories and exercise, and it really helps. As far as exercise, start small and work your way up. Find something you enjoy such as dancing, walking, riding a bike - and just do it. Make time for it.
You can do this momma! There is a healthy weight loss group on here with people who can offer lots of advice and answer any questions.
momhascooties
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Diet and Exercise, diet is really key though, you have to eat whole foods and eliminate as many processed foods as you can to be truly healthy. I started changing my diet 3 months ago and then a month later started the Jillian Michaels total body revolution program. I have lost 20 pounds so far and have 20 more I would like to lose. I stopped drinking soda and coffee and eliminated almost all the refined sugar from my diet. I use a sugar free vitamin/mineral energy supplement that I love, it gives me energy all day and helps me stay focused. I work out 30 min a day 6 days a week at home and on nice days I also walk a mile or so with my kids in the double stroller. I went from being tired all the time and just feeling like crap about myself to feeling amazing!

Overall, I found it easy to stay motivated once I started and saw results. You can do it!!! I agree with joining other groups specifically promoting healthy eating and weight loss so you can get some support. It makes a huge difference.

tifferie
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Break your predominant arm and have an infected tooth. I have lost 19lbs in 2 weeks.
Sigmalade
by Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:36 PM

Changing your habits is the best way. If you need help, contact a nutrionist(most insurance companies will pay for visits) or do weight watchers. Once you see how much you should be eating, it is easier to grasp. What is working for me is doing one thing at a time. I started walking with my ds first, then i started walking by myself(longer and further). Now I am cutting my portions. Take your time, stay active while you are researching. I am still researching myself. A friend of mine recommended a no carb diet, but I don't know about that! Good luck!

TugBoatMama
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:38 PM

The only thing that really got me going was an ipod. I had never owned one until I got one last Christmas. I started walking, and then I started running. I've lost 40 lbs since then.  I still indulge once a day but I mostly stick to fruits and greens now.

BuckeyezRule
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 12:00 AM

I've always been thin, but, I got up there. My mom was so kind to ask how I felt about it. She called me, freaking at 5'7", she was 115lbs. Wow. I told her I was gonna post on fb. I didn't. She also asked in that conversation if I was upset I'd gained some of what I lost back. If I were self conscious, lord help me. I love me, glasses, t, bball shorts, and tennis shoes. Lol no makeup. I don't even own any.

So, I lost 40lbs by eating less more often. I still can't eat a lot. A burrito, from, say, chipotle, is way too big. I get a make your own taco kids meal, and, it's enough. :) I eat a little a lot throughout every day. :) that's the food end. We love to hike and bike as a family. We do 10 mile mountain hikes with water packs, and hubby carrying the backpack with his water, and snacks of trail mix, granola bars, cheese, etc. 

My hubby has lost 80lbs and 8" on his waist. He's 6'3", and finally muscle-y. Lol 100% his doing. :) I loved him before and after. :)

TimetoMomUp
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 12:09 AM

The only thing that has ever worked for me in the long-term was and is the low-carb lifestyle.  If you go back to regular eating will you gain it all back?  Yes!  That is why it is a lifestyle.  It is very simple, protein, healthy fats, vegetables and sometimes fruit.  You will be consuming an all natural diet that is delicious and you do not have to count calories.  As long as you are staying in those food groups you won't have to count carbs either.  At first it can seem hard but eventually it becomes much easier.  Skip the diet pills and stick with what nature provides.  I have lost and maintained 70lbs for one and a half years.

I did lose a lot on calorie counting too at one point but I gained it back immediately.  I am not knocking it but personally I could not maintain on it. 

soymujer
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 4:56 PM

Weight watchers.  List 30 lbs 

family in the van   Mom of four

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)