Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Go Green: Green Your Kids!...and WIN Prizes!

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 6:43 PM
  • 129 Replies
1 mom liked this

Green Your Kids!

It's great that you're making an effort to go green. Are your kids following your example?

Try some of these fun ways to teach your kids about the importance of preserving the environment:

• Teach your kids to turn off lights when they leave the room and to turn off the water when they’re brushing their teeth and only turn it back on when they’re ready to rinse
  • Teach your kids not to litter
  • Go on family walks to run errands, or just to enjoy being outdoors, instead of always piling everyone in the car
  • Plant a tree or a garden with your kids
  • Pack lunches for school in reusable lunch bags
  • Send them to school & sports with a reusable water bottle

What are some other ways you can teach your kids to go green?
Share your ideas in the replies below!

Then, click here to help conserve water! >>

happy earthdayClick here to start your Earth Day Journey from the beginning:
Join our Earth Day Journey - Win a $50 Gift Card and lots of other Prizes, too!

by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 6:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PurpleHazey
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Shorter showers

momofsixangels
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Turning off lights,using cold water when possible,Ride bike to the store instead of driving

goddess99
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:48 PM

My dd is a big environmentalist. We were at a roller rink a couple weeks ago and I bought her a water, I knew she drank it all and about an hour later I noticed she had another water, I asked her where she got it cause I never gave her more money and she said she refilled it in the restroom lol I was kind of embarrassed and I thought they would have said something to me but they didn't. lol She reuses Everything.

Flaca43
by Gold Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:16 AM

They are quicker in taking showers now, we take walks to the store instead of driving sometimes.

jsbuck
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:45 AM

My son loves to recycle.  He will also pick up trash when we are outside or at a park and put it in the trash.

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:55 AM

We do all of the above !!  I've taught DD to also use reusable bags when ever possible, to re-purpose objects into other things, to recycle as much as possible.

Mrs.Brugger
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:05 AM

At this point, DS and DD bathe together to save on water, DS knows to turn lights off when he's not in the room, and he knows to turn off the water while brushing his teeth =]

jbirdsladie27
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:09 AM
By example, reusing stuff, recycling, short showers, turn off the water while brushing your teeth..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
k9l1c5
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:13 AM

We are going to teach her to turn the lights off and other electronics when not in use. We will teach her to use reusable water bottles and lunch coolers. We will teach her not to litter, how to plant a vegetable garden and how to upcycle.

Kilhara
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Make sure that they know to recycle instead of throwing things away.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN