Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Do you have a good relationship with your parents?

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 4:14 PM
  • 52 Replies

I feel lucky that I have a good relationship with my parents and that they are involved with my kids. It seems like a lot of my friends don't have that.

Do you have a good relationship with your parents? Are they involved with your kids?

by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 4:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
offrdngal
by Gold Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 4:27 PM
My dad passed away in 2009. Him and I were close and he was close to my son.
My mother and I were never close. I no longer speak to her. She doesn't bother to try to get a hold of my son.

KendallsMommee
by Chrissy on Apr. 22, 2013 at 4:28 PM
My Dad died when I was 10, but me and my Mom are very close.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Apr. 22, 2013 at 4:31 PM

Yes, I have a good relationship with them.  They see my dd about twice a month because they live about 45 minutes away.

kjbugsmom1517
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 4:35 PM
I am probably as close as I could be. My mom and i were never close when I was growing up but we are now. Shes as involved as she can be being 500+ miles away. My dad lives close but hes not as involved as I think he should be. I struggle with getting close to him but I do try even after growing up abused by him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AuntieMom101
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 4:45 PM
I was never allowed to have a relationship with my dad and he passed away in 2003. My mother did her best not to raise her kids so most of my good memories are with my grandparents. My mother and I do not really talk. There is an occasional text unless there is a family emergency.
bizkit_fanky
by Gold Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 4:48 PM

I have a wonderful relationship with my parents....They are both very involved with dd

Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 4:53 PM

I loss my mom in Nov. 2011, but prior to her death she and I had a rocky but good relationship.  We just used to bump heads a lot, but I know she loved me very much.  She had a really great relationship with my dd, was very involved in her life and spoiled her rotten,lol

My dad and I are very close, we have that typical father-daughter relationship.  Growing up he always took my side, and I did no wrong,lol  He has a great relationship with my dd and is very involved in her life.

I'm actually really excited because my dad is in the process of selling his home and he'll be moving to a retirement community about 5 minutes away from me.

lovebugs_mom906
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 4:58 PM
My parents and I have a good relationship, but I wouldn't say we are super close. They love all their grand kids.
MonkeysGrammy
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 5:00 PM

I lost my dad in 2007. He was my first knight in shining armour!! My mom and I are really close, she is involved as she can be however, we moved to Fl and she is in Ny. But ashe does come down as often as she can esp. for the important stuff like graduations and when my granddaughter was born. We do skype about 3 or 4 times a week!! And I am very close to our 3 boys.

My World...My Life...My Boyz..

Bonez 8/3/91           Big Bear 4/13/94       Stinky 9/26/97giving dad card                bear with heart             ninja         (MonkeysDaddy)

TugBoatMama
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this

They are involved with my kids and I guess we have an okay time getting along. But my folks and I have polar opposite views on just about everything, so that makes it difficult to feel like I can be myself or speak freely around them. They don't really know me that well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)