Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

What would u change about your house and y?? 

I would change the factor that I rent.. I hate renting

by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Replies (31-40):
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Everything and nothing. 

Pros:
It's too small. It has only 1 bathroom. It's old. The closets are super tiny. There are only 2 sets of outlets in each room. The house is made up of all wood and brown paneling so I have to get creative in order to add some color. We are working on that slowly though, painting each room one at a time. My grandma and aunt live in a trailer in the same yard so we pretty much have built in sitters. Not only that but my aunt put a huge pool in our yard so we have that too. 

Cons: It's free. It was the house my grandfather built for his family. It's well built. I have many memories here. It's the house I was born and grew up in...I've never lived anywhere else. It's close to town which means it's close to stores and food but also you can hear all the traffic on the highway.

We plan on building a house in the next few years but I won't lie, it will be hard to leave the only home I've known for 31 years.  I don't know how my kids will take not being by my grandma either because they are over there quite a bit. 

missy_in_AZ
by New Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 5:02 PM

I hate renting too!! So I would say own some day.

MrsImperfect
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 5:02 PM
Hate my dinning room. Its so small and dysfunctional. Its in the middle of all the rooms. To get from the living room to kitchen or laundry room or family room you HAVE to go through the dinning room. If you put a table in there then you have to constantly walk around it. With not much room. I would make it bigger and off to the side. Its an office for now.
momofsunshine77
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 5:17 PM

Too much to type.  LOL 

ladytee75
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 5:25 PM

I would add another bathroom and two more bedrooms its time to move my family

has outgrown the house where in now.

Knightquester
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 5:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I hate renting too, but I also don't really want to own either.  I have watched too many friends and family stuck with a house they aren't happy with, or they got laid off and are stuck in a location where their job field has run dry.  With renting I feel at least if our family needs to uproot we can.

I think I'd want my rental to have more of a backyard though.  We were looking at pools to put in the backyard and really it can't fit very much since it's a landscaped yard with a lot of shrubbery and trees.

blcsmommie
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:46 PM

I would change the fact that I thought it was a good idea to close on the new house and settle on our old house and settle on my mother in laws all  this friday....did not think about packing/moving or such when I planned this.

The new house I wish my husband would let me hire someone to clean it  as I have enough trouble keeping a 2200 sq ft house clean and I'm ready to cry just thinking about 5700sq ft. It is only 2 years old so nothing needs redone....unless I take out the crazy home "smart feature" where everything is controlled by some type of touch screen electronic....The owners are going to teach me how to use it since everything from deadbolts to the shower in the master bath opperate this way....oh and no inlaw quarters so my mother in law could not be able to move in with us although this is why we are moving in the first place.

QTMom2302
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:51 PM

I would change the fact that we live in an apartment right now. Which, may be happening soon! We are going to look at a house this weekend. 

honeydewmommy
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:57 PM

The upstairs bedrooms would be bigger, and the loft could be a little bigger otherwise, I love my house. I knew this was my home the day I walked in during open house. I had to buy it. 

OliviaW.
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:04 PM
I'd replace the kitchen floor, the retaining wall and fence. Other than those I love it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN