Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

My life has gotten very complicated!

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:56 PM
  • 21 Replies
Hello everyone, I posted on here about a month ago, asking if I was crazy for helping my brother and taking care of his 2yr old and 4 yr old. On top of having a 13 and 3 yr old of my own. Well, everything has gotten very complicated. I know these kids need me more than ever now. My brother left his girlfriend a little over 2 weeks ago. When he did, he brought me the kids for me to keep them while he filed for custody. I took him to file for custody and he talked to his girlfriend a couple of times, that day. Then for 2 days we didn't hear from her. She didn't call the kids and we couldn't get ahold of her. Well, my brother had a bad feeling. He went to check on his kids mom! She had committed suicide!!! We had to tell the kids. We put it off for a little bit, and the 4 yr old is having a rough time with it. These children will never have a mother to tell them they are loved. don't get me wrong, they have plenty of loving family members here for them. Their dad (my brother), myself, and my mom (grandma). I guess it has been hard for me to realize what these children will be going through for the rest of their lives. We put the 4 yr old in therapy and he seems to be doing ok. I think he is trying to understand the situation that his mom is dead. The 2 yr old was waking up ever 30 minutes. I put a picture of their mommy next to their bed and that seemed to help. He is sleeping through the night again. Any advice from anyone would be great...
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MCA23
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:10 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm so sorry!  I have no advice, just sympathy.  Thank goodness they have such a loving Aunt, and your brother is lucky to have you as a sister. 

TxMamma11
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:17 PM
1 mom liked this
You are an amazing lady to step in and help like this. Those kids need a stable woman in their lives and I'm sure your brother is grateful. I really have no idea what to tell you as far as advice. Just to stay strong and positive for that hurting little family. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. I hope that something positive comes into your lives really soon.
Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:32 PM

OMG poor babies ... this is so sad that the mom left her children like this !  Counceling & Therapy is all I can think about.  They obviously need to be surrounded by lots of love, with time they will adjust to the new situation.

Saharra
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow, I am sorry as well. I can't imagine what those kids are going through. Praise God that you are there to help! Imagine how much worse it would be if not..... Praying for you and your family. The kids and everyone involved!!
Nickmom1118
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:56 PM

Thank you everyone. Yes, the oldest is in therapy, and we are just trying to help them as much as needed. I am here for them and my brother! My relationship with my brother hasn't always been the best. But this has brought us a lot closer. I know that these children need the support of a positive woman role model. I hope I can be that for them.

kjbugsmom1517
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 5:00 PM
Oh those poor babies. Just lots of support for ur brother and his kids and therapy and yea thats all i got. Them poor babies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nickmom1118
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 5:01 PM

I think that has been the hardest part for me. I can't think of a mother leaving her children. I have a 3 yr old and my brain can't even process the thought of it...

Quoting Jinxed8:

OMG poor babies ... this is so sad that the mom left her children like this !  Counceling & Therapy is all I can think about.  They obviously need to be surrounded by lots of love, with time they will adjust to the new situation.

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 5:08 PM

No advice, just sympathy and well wishes. Sorry:(

jackiewal10
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Wow!!!  That is just so so sad.  I have no advice though, sorry.

Cheribomb
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 5:11 PM

my sister was 18mos  when my mom died.  my grandma said it took a good 6 mos before she stopped crying for her.. how heartbreaking.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)