Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Need help and advice!!

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:53 PM
  • 8 Replies

I am 32 and my husband is 34. We have been together for 5 ½ years and married for 2 years. My husband has 2 daughters, ages 9 and 12 and we share time 50/50 with their mother. The girls are great and I love them dearly!! Wouldn't change a thing!!! I am more of a mother to them then their own - and that is not at all being sarcastic!! I do EVERYTHING for the children (make calendars, all doctors and dentist appointments, school projects, field trips, you name it, etc....).

Here's my dilemma.............. I have known since meeting my husband that he DID NOT want any more children!! This is a sacrifice that I made and I am OK with it. BUT, I am now 4 days late on my period and something is telling me that I might be pregnant! I have never ever been late!!! I am on the pill and have never missed a day of the pill (have been on it for 10+ years).

I am scared to death to find out and I am scared to death to tell my husband, if in fact I am pregnant! I am just so very scared of how he will react (if I am) and I don't know what to do........... Will he be mad? Will he leave me? Will this put a damper in our marriage? Will he blame me?

Keep in mind, we are a very happy, fun loving couple. No problems. We love our free time every other weekend and enjoy traveling visiting new places. He has just made it clear from day 1, that having more children is something he had absolutely no interest in and didn't want it. HELP!!!!!!!! I am so afraid to tell anyone, so I am hoping for some advice here!!!

Feeling very lonely and scared!!!!

by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Amberlyn32
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Ist of all before you stress to much take a test.. Then worry about the rest later. If your on the pill more than likely your night PG.... So my advice is Test.. If he is all you say he is than he will be just fine with this info.. But go test already...LOL... GL

Amberlyn32
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 3:00 PM
1 mom liked this

that was suppose to say not PG...LOL

Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 4:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree that if you are one the pill & take it everyday without ever missing 1 your chances of being pregnant are pretty slim to none.

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 4:42 PM
1 mom liked this

If that's how he felt why hasn't he gotten a vasectomy? I understand he doesn't want anymore children but it's not like you did anything alone or on purpose. You shouldn't be worried to tell him anything...he's supposed to be your biggest supporter and "go to" person. 

HeathersRich
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 4:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I bet you'll be shocked at how excepting he will be. It's not like you planned this. Test, now that your stressing you'll probably be even later. 

JNL123191
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Thank you all!  I will test!  :/

WendyRhea
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 11:20 PM

I have a good freind who just went through this exact same situation and her baby girl is now 1 year old.  When she married her husband he said he did not ever want any more children and is now VERY happy with their little girl.

Have faith in the love you and your husband share and tell him about being nervous and being late with your period. 

SiliMomi
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 5:15 AM
There are so many 'what ifs'. You will never know the answers until you know for sure. You do not want to freak him out by telling him u are late. There could be a number of reasons for you to be late, maybe it is time to change the pill you are on, maybe a medication, etc. Until you have actually seen a doctor and received results, do not ask the 'what ifs'. Here I go with the if: If you are PG, remember this: It takes two to create a baby, he is well aware of the consequence of intercourse (not all BC is 100%) and if he was soooo against having children maybe he should have had himself snipped. These are all the things you should be angry about not scared. He is your husband and he loves you, he should support you in any circumstance because he is the one who shall we say 'knocked you up'! You did not do this on your own and not on purpose! If you are not PG and this scare worries you, maybe it is time to have the talk about getting snipped because of this scare. Just a thought. I wish you courage and faith!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN