Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Dogs death

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 4:47 PM
  • 12 Replies

\  where I live my sister in law lives on the front part of property and i live in the back. she has a daughter and i have 3step kids. one day my sister in laws dog died under my trailer. she told her daughter that the dog ran away.. she barried the dog in my yard (its 2.5 acres no biggie) but one day my dog dug the dead dog up and my two step sons saw and together we rebarried the dog. I told them the dog was sick and died (i wont lie) they told their little sister who is 7 and she turns around and tells my neice.. the truth is out. i get a mean text message about how i am a bitch , evil and a bad person for telling MY step kids the truth.. she was so upset she moved out!! seriously i have to lie to my kids to protect her lies to her daughteer.. how does that make me evil???

by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 4:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:56 PM

BUMP!

LuLuRex
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 4:14 PM

I wouldn't have lied either. I think it's easier on kids to move on to tell the truth that it died, rather than give them false hope that it might come back home some day

Acid
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 4:19 PM
1 mom liked this

buried. 

snowangel1979
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 4:22 PM
What were you suppose to tell your children. The dogs just sleeping, in a hole, in the ground.

She should have dug a better grave. Also you put a peice of plywood or something on top so the ground doesn't puff up/ animals don't dig it up.
Maybe the only thing you did wrong is not telling your sons not to tell anyone but at the same time their boys/children, their going to tell. She should have just told her daughter the truth to begin with.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anotherandree
by Inga on Apr. 26, 2013 at 4:28 PM

Um, yea. She really should have told her daughter the truth, but you might have given her a courtesy heads-up that the dog had resurfaced and the truth was out.  However, what struck me about the whole story was her over-reacting and moving out over this.  Wow.  Now, that is drama.

Thunderbug75
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 6:37 PM

You did the right thing.  She never should have lied to her daughter.

honeydewmommy
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 6:40 PM

Death is hard for kids but you can' t lie about it, especially with pets. You know we had this dog growing up. I am 32 Years old my dad told me that he ran away I learned just recently that they put him to sleep because he had cancer. I was kinda angry. I really thought my dog just up and left after so many years. 

You gotta tell them the truth, I don't think your evil just a honest good person. 

she_walk_softly
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 6:48 PM

If the dog was sick she should of had it at the vet, not dying under the trailer :( maybe she lied to her kid because she felt guilty for not taking care of it.

DragonMother10
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:46 PM
Well the truth can hurt, but the truth is always best. So what happens when a loved one dies? She is going to tell her daughter they ran away?
IQuitCounting
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:49 PM

I wouldn't have lied.  In fact, I talk about death with my son when it comes up (he's four).  I want him to be prepared.  I mean, we have two cats that are both seniors, and accidents happen too, and people die.  I don't want him freaking out or stressing out but I want him to be aware that life isn't permanent and so we need to be grateful for the time we have.  It's the whole circle of life thing.  Your SIL can't shelter her child from that reality.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN