Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

ERGObaby Carrier

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:56 PM
  • 14 Replies

Have you ever used one? They run over $100 & I am thinking about registering for one for my baby shower. I want to make sure it's worth it. Thanks :)

by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
marythemommy
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:04 AM
1 mom liked this

I love mine! My LO gets so comfortable in it while I shop that she'll usually take a nap. It so handy to have! If you register for one and don't get one, check out a reputable consignment store to see if they have any. :)

occumommy
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:08 AM
1 mom liked this
I don`t know about the ergo i use a wrap carrier, and a mei tei. I LOVE my mei tei.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maybe80
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you!

Quoting marythemommy:

I love mine! My LO gets so comfortable in it while I shop that she'll usually take a nap. It so handy to have! If you register for one and don't get one, check out a reputable consignment store to see if they have any. :)

mandapanda82
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:33 AM
Alot of people like them, I do too, it's just lo that doesn't . I don't think she likes being confined. So i don't think any carrier would work. But they are great carriers. I have the grey galaxy one w the stars on it!
lovebugs_mom906
by Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:42 AM
1 mom liked this
I loved mine as my son got a little older, as did he. He would fall asleep every time lol. But for a new baby, I really, really loved the Moby wrap. It keeps them snug as a bug like they like. If you do get the ERGO, make sure to get the newborn insert as well.

On a side note, someone told me that Marshall's and I think TJMax are going to be selling the old line for closer to 80. Same product, just different colors.
storkradio193
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:36 PM

I loved mine and used the same one for both kids.  

http://www.cafemom.com/home/storkradio193

maybe80
by on May. 25, 2013 at 10:13 PM
I cant wait to get one. Lol. Bump.
Jenn820
by Member on May. 26, 2013 at 7:40 AM
I'll echo most everyone's "I love mine".
We did get the infant inset so it was super versital. It was especially great when DS was a little bigger but I love it at every age. My DH liked it too. DS would nap and the "hood" was great for that. It was particularly fantastic while traveling. It has no metal so I was actually able to go through airport security without unstrapping him. (This was a number of years ago and it does depend on the TSA person, I have had them ask me to take it off other times, but I had a bulky sweater on under it then.) I'm pregnant with #2 and I'm planning on using it even more with this baby.
kitchenwench
by New Member on May. 26, 2013 at 10:51 AM
1 mom liked this
I love mine too. I still use mine and my ds is 2 1/2. It is such a comfortable carrier. I really can't say enough good things about the ergo, it is totally worth the money.
Marz31
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2013 at 1:08 PM

I had a Beco Butterfly 2 and a Catbird Pikkolo, both soft structured buckle carriers similar to the Ergo. I also had a mei tai and moby (for younger babies only) and they were all awesome! wish I'd gotten a woven carrier earlier but by the time I really was interested, I had the other two and couldn't afford it! LOL 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)