Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

tricycles (piog)

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:56 AM
  • 15 Replies
How old were your lo when they were able to ride one? And by ride I mean pedal and steer effectively. My dd will be 2 1/2 on the 11th has been able to do it for 2 months now. People I work with find it unbelievable but she can.
When did your kids start?
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
babygirl7161
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Mobile Photo

Pukalani79
by Kris on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:43 PM

I think mine were 3 before we even got one.  Two of the three rode it, but as far as bikes go, only my youngest ever showed any interest.  My son finally learned how to ride his bike this year and he's always off riding somewhere. :)  I think my youngest will learn this summer.  My middle one has anxiety struggles and it's not something she wants bad enough yet.

Lionpaw
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 2:38 PM

I got my 2 yo one for her second birthday in january. she loves it! it took about a month for her to get the concept.

kjbugsmom1517
by Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 2:48 PM
Neither of mine had tricycles. They can ride them tho just by using others lol. Looking back im glad we didnt do trikes as they grow out of them and for their price? Thats just crazy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
e-doolittle
by Kelly on Apr. 27, 2013 at 4:28 PM
He started at 3
darbyakeep45
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 7:57 PM

I have a special needs child who is 4.5 years old and can't ride one...well, he can sit on it but that's it.

CourtneyBrynn
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 8:45 PM
1 mom liked this
My daughter took a long time to get the hang of it. Maybe 4.5?

My son was a rare 18 month old who rode a very small bike with training wheels around our house. He didn't walk until 14 months and then rode a bike soon after haha

He was a kid that was "behind" on all of the milestones and this was his claim to fame. It was so cute!
Saharra
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:34 PM
My oldest was about 4 when he got his first "big boy" bike (with training wheels). He got that right away and is almost 6 and will probably take the training wheels off this year.

My youngest was about 1 when he got his tricycle (something to keep up with brother!), and it took him about a month... Maybe. It seemed fast. He's three now and got a big boy bike last summer as well. He rides that thing everywhere.

If my boys could live on their bikes, they would. I make them wear helmets all the time and won't ride without them :) If you need a helmet, see if your local hospital is doing a bicycle blitz. They size their head and sell them for $10- new. And their heads grow fast!!
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:03 PM

My daughter has never had one and is 3.  She has a balance bike and a regular bike with training wheels.  She almost has pedaling down now :)

My son has always been behind with motor skills.  I think he was 4.

BuckeyezRule
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:06 PM

I forget. Lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN