Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

2 yrs ago

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 7:14 PM
  • 4 Replies
2yrs ago I woke up to no power and my county damaged beyond recognition in some areas. We live in one of the areas that was hit so hard by the April 27th tornadoes. We have come along way since then. My dd freaks out when she hears bad weather coming in. We are under a thunderstorm warning as I type this but hears praying that's all it is. 2 yrs ago we had no power for 10 days, no Tv for 6 weeks. My job ran on emergency generators for 2 weeks. To shower we would go to the local truck stop and use their showers and laundry mat at the truckstop for clean clothes.
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 7:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
darbyakeep45
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 7:52 PM

Hugs mama!

taz1993
by Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 8:11 PM
Thanks. I was watching clips from that day and thinking back to that day. I had worked until 2 am, I got home in time for dh to go to work. My the time I got to bed and asleep it was almost 4am. Dd (3 at the time) woke me up at 630 telling me the house needs new batteries. I had 2 nursing homes calling me in but I was stuck. We had trees down all over our roads. Dh was below Montgomery when it all happened here.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Hugs mama!

Cafe Kelly
by Head Admin on Apr. 30, 2013 at 2:45 PM

((Hugs))

My area was hit really hard by Sandy so I know how you feel. It was 6 months ago and in so many places (including the end of my street) it looks like it happened yesterday. We lost power for 2 weeks and had damage to our house.

My 4 year old is still afraid our house is going to wash away every time there is wind and rain.

taz1993
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 5:10 PM
Hugs back at ya.

Quoting Cafe Kelly:

((Hugs))

My area was hit really hard by Sandy so I know how you feel. It was 6 months ago and in so many places (including the end of my street) it looks like it happened yesterday. We lost power for 2 weeks and had damage to our house.

My 4 year old is still afraid our house is going to wash away every time there is wind and rain.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)