Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We're the new neighbors

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:34 AM
  • 12 Replies

Phew what a month April has been for our family, we moved 450 miles from Wisconsin to Nebraska because my husband's job transfered there, he works for the railroad. We've been in our new house for about two weeks now and have the kids enrolled in school here. They like their new school's and have met a few new friends and I have met two other mom's so far out of all my kids schooling. I met our new neighbor last night and found out that she is due six days before me with her fifth child, this will be my eighth. She has 3 kids the same age as mine and 2 within a year of 2 of mine, the kids have all met and have become friends. We're really liking it here and hope to stay here for the unforeseeable future.

Michelle
Mom to 5 boys and 3 girls with #8 on the way
Emily, Jordan, Sara, Jason, Aiden, Chloe, Nick and Cody EDD 7-29-13

by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LuLuRex
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 5:15 PM

That's awesome! Sounds like a great fit!

annelauer
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 5:18 PM

How serendipitous!

Crissy2424
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:41 PM

Lots of kids! I am glad it is becoming such a great fit!

TwinMomma122304
by Melanie on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:21 PM

Awww, we just moved from NY to WI a few months back...my hubby got a really good job here.

My four kids have made lots of friends in the new neighborhood - our neighbors across the street have a son who is the age of my older two, and a dd the same age as my younger two.  Moving is always a stressful, nerve-wracking time (at least for me) -- it's always nice when the kids can feel at home.

momtomy7kids
by Michelle on May. 1, 2013 at 8:01 AM

Thanks ladies. It's so nice that the kids were able to make some new friends already. My older kids were kind of grumpy about moving because they figured they wouldn't have any friends, I told them that they'll make new friends and things will be fine, they listened to me and things are fine. I love it.

Michelle

kjbugsmom1517
by Member on May. 5, 2013 at 9:28 AM
Where in Nebraska? We were the new neighbors 2 years ago :). We r in Bellevue (outside of omaha).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momtomy7kids
by Michelle on May. 5, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Fort Calhoun, so looks like we're about a half hour or so from each other.

Quoting kjbugsmom1517:

Where in Nebraska? We were the new neighbors 2 years ago :). We r in Bellevue (outside of omaha).

Michelle

KendallsMommee
by Chrissy on May. 5, 2013 at 3:30 PM

That's awesome!

BuckeyezRule
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2013 at 8:31 PM

That's awesome! We moved 1700-1800 miles for hubby's work, from ohio to Utah. I live in a fantastic neighborhood. I love it! We do many things as a neighborhood, like neighborhood bbq's, Olympics, etc. my dd's bestie is our neighbor, who is one mos older than dd. There are tons of kids and sahm's here. We never want to move back to ohio. And all our family is there. Lol

We have Wisconsin neighbors on our street with 4 kids, and a house 3 down from theirs has 4 same sex, same age kids as them! It's so funny. :) but, the oldest boy is one of my ds's besties. :)

Moving not knowing anyone can be scary, but, it's an adventure too. And, sometimes you end up in a great spot! :)

sdgd21
by Diana on May. 5, 2013 at 11:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Cool, and congrats! I'm on the fifth too. Whoot who! For big families! (People out here just think we're weird. LOL)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)