Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Birthday party favors

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:48 AM
  • 17 Replies

My son's 7th birthday is this weekend and we're having it at the local bowling alley. I'm looking for some creative ideas for party favors for the kids. Any ideas? 

by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LuLuRex
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 5:14 PM
3 moms liked this

At my daughter's birthday last year I went to the dollar store and got sand buckets and fill them with beach balls,Hawaiian lays, sidewalk chalk, and jump ropes (along with some candy). 

kyledavidsmom
by Tara on Apr. 29, 2013 at 5:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't make treat bags any more. Most the stuff gets thrown away after they get home. So I shop clearence year round and pick up plain white t-shirts or tote bags. I let all the kids decorate them with puffy paint.

12yrmama
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I like doing a theme bag or bucket... no candy! Toys, books, art stuff. For my sons last party we did foam airplanes (walmart), army men, small water guns, individual origami piece, and a foam sword (dollar store).

Rlmama00
by Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Etsy had some really cute bowling party labels to put on favors when I was looking for dd's party back in the fall. If you had more time there are so many cute things out there. I even saw personalized socks,since they need them for the rental shoes. 

TroyboysMom
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 5:44 AM
1 mom liked this

If you could find a template online, you could easily trace and cut a bowling pin or strike design to put on simple paper bags. If you drew lines on the bag beforehand, you could make it look like the wooden floor, and the pins in the strike were falling down. 

Check the .99 store - our 99 cents only stores have miniature bowling kits for 2/$1, you could get each kid one of those, and maybe a crazy straw (ds loves those and collects them), and a glow necklace. Or even just the bowling set. If you want to do more, not all the party favors have to be bowling - so you could check out your party supply aisle and see if they have anything neat - card games, bubbles or crayons or something (I don't put food or candy in goody bags).

Depending on how much you want to spend:

Here's a pre-made kit (click!)

Here's another pre-made kit (click!)

You could also do something like this kit on Etsy.

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:45 AM
1 mom liked this

I did DD's birthday party in a bowling alley as well !   Party favors were bags of gum balls ; I bought the fancy cone shape cello bags filled to the rim and  to each bag I tied a hang tag that said "Thank you for Celebrating Alicia's 8th Birthday with us" the kids were SO happy.

This year the kids decorated cupcakes and decorated the pastry box and brought that home as a party favor.  Also did the same idea 2 years prior with a pizza themed Birthday party (decorate pizza box and take a chocolate pizza home)

I've also done kid-sized cotton bags and kiddie aprons that were decorated for previous birthdays

I no longer do dollar store items or "doo-dads" because they often get thrown away.   I don't give what I wouldn't want DD to come home with !

crwspringer
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:48 AM
I found thermal cups with sealable lids at the dollar store. Totally useful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:54 AM

When I had my dd's birthday party at the bowling alley, they actually did the goody bags for me, it was included in the cost.  In the bags were coupons for free bowling (good way for them to advertise), little note pads, cool pens with a bowling theme, some retro candy, and a couple other things (sorry I forget).  That was the best party ever, all I had to do was bring the cake! :)

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

pixie-buttercup
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:11 AM

I thought the treat bags were included. Their website says they are but doesn't include that they are EMPTY!! lol   

Quoting Briesmom38:

When I had my dd's birthday party at the bowling alley, they actually did the goody bags for me, it was included in the cost.  In the bags were coupons for free bowling (good way for them to advertise), little note pads, cool pens with a bowling theme, some retro candy, and a couple other things (sorry I forget).  That was the best party ever, all I had to do was bring the cake! :)

Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:14 AM

That really stinks,lol  

Quoting pixie-buttercup:

I thought the treat bags were included. Their website says they are but doesn't include that they are EMPTY!! lol   

Quoting Briesmom38:

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN