Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Are you friendly with your neighbors?

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 5:38 PM
  • 80 Replies
1 mom liked this

I've lived in the same house for 9 years and don't know my neighbors' names. We are the only ones around with kids. I wish I had a group of neighbor friends :/

Are you friendly with your neighbors?

by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 5:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
reche1978
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 5:42 PM

we say hello in passing but thats it.  I feel the same I wish we were closer to our neighbors

offrdngal
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 5:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I'll say hi, if I see them out...sometimes...but I don't go out of my way.

annelauer
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 5:48 PM
2 moms liked this

No.  We have been in the past, but that just invites drama.  When we moved here, we decided not to be friends with anyone in our neighborhood.

OliviaW.
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 5:50 PM
Not really. We'll talk if we're out but that's about it. Mostly we talk about gardening or flower beds.
Twilight26
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 5:51 PM

We talk when we see each other outside and we invite them over for parties or if we have cook outs! We're just friendly like that!happy

SerenityBerry
by Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 5:51 PM

We are getting friendlier. We moved into this house in fall and quite a few of our neighbors houses are vacation/summer/weekend lake cottages and aren't occupied during the winter months, but now that spring has come they are starting to return and we know a few. Plus our immediate neighbor is a rental house the lady there now has three girls that my oldest plays with, however my husband dislikes the mother. 

mikandwheezy
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 5:53 PM

yea. we used to all get together, have parties, go out, etc. except the one right next to me. hes a jerk. the three houses on the other side we used to be really closed to until every one started getting really busy. and one of my neighbors is my moms best friend. i love it. we live in a pretty smal friendly town though. 

sallij
by Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:16 PM
I am not at the moment, but I just bought a house and hope to be friendly w the neighbors. I dont necessarily mean parties etc, but its nice to have people looking out for you.

I met one neighbor this weekend. She is also a single mom, and has a daughter around DD's age, plus an older son.
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:24 PM

I have lived in this house for all of my 31 years. It's a family home. My grandma (it's her house we live in) lives in the same yard so I talk to and see her daily. We have a field to the right and the lady that owns it lives directly across the street. She's not a very nice person so we don't talk to her at all. To my left is my great aunt's house and she's just rough so if I don't have to talk to her I don't. We aren't home much and when we are we don't usually spend much time outside. 

Hectictracy
by Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:28 PM
I don't know my neighbors. The neighbors on one side of us don't like us because we complained to them about their 7 dogs barking constantly. The ones on the other side are snobs. The ones across the street are never outside. It's sad really.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)