Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

thinning hair :-(

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:57 PM
  • 13 Replies
I've noticed my hair thinning over the past few years. Any ladies no of any products proven to make my hair grow back. Tbh, thinking back on it, this spot had been super thin see odd dad yanked a handful out...anyway any suggestions would be appreciated.
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
---terrah---
by Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:01 PM
1 mom liked this

After I had my most recent baby, my hair started to fall out...my stylist recommended a product called Intra Force by Redken. She swears by it but the whole line is kind of expensive. If you won't want to spend a lot of money, you can try Mane & Tail shampoo/conditioner. You can get it at any drugstore and it does help hair to grow faster. The only issue is that it originally started as a horse shampoo so it kind of smells weird.

MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 3:25 AM

BIOTIN supplement

Wright77
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:31 AM
1 mom liked this
If you are TTC be careful what you use and read the product info labels . My husband is the one that actualy read the labels and found that most arent safe while TTC . I have thin hair and he knows how selfcontious I am so he decided to investigate lol :) GL ladies
muni21702
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:59 AM
I am also losing my hair. Every time I was or brush my hair I get a handful of hair! It's do scary to go through this. I feel like I am going to be bald. It's a good thing I have really thick hair. My baby is 12 weeks so I was reading about hair lose, and this is when it starts to happen. I also noticed that I have baby hairs like crazy! Can't wait for this to pass!
atm1979
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:59 AM
My baby is 6 yo
Linus77
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Castor oil on the scalp, Neem oil, Rosemary oil, rose oil, fennel oil.  Lots of essential oils, if you do some research, are great for hair and scalp.

Mantidae
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this

A good friend of mine writes the blog Hilda Blue (www.hildablue.com) natural beauty tips.  She just did a post the other day that said Castor Oil would help hair growth.  I haven't tried it myself, so I can't say, but many of the commentors seemed to say it worked.

honeydewmommy
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Be careful what you use, I have teh same problem, what I found is most products will help but once you stop using them ur hair will fall out again. The most I can suggest is go see a someone get a 1 year exam ur most likely lacking in vitamens, excersise and ur stressing. 

In the end I wear extensions. I get them put in at the salon, they last a good month, I pay about 125 for real hair, I love them. You can't tell I wear them either. And my hair always looks gorgeous. 

jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:04 AM

I have heard of women using rogain shampoo before. Have no idea if it's effective though! *bump*

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:29 AM

I've had the same problem after DD was born my hair started getting thinner and thinner and also super weak - fortunately for me it does not show but still my hair dresser is appaled (she's been my stylist for 20 years)  I use Nioxin shampoo once a week, I also no longer blow dry my hair, I let them air dry then I straighten them with an iron.  I heard Flinstone vitamins work miracles ... I'm just not much of a pill popper so I forget to take them.  You can also take supplements - ask your pharmacist.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)