Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

I want a third child but my husband doesn't

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:07 AM
  • 9 Replies
Hi,
I am going through some serious baby fever. My husband is reluctant. Says if I want it that bad then fine. How hard do I push for this baby? My children are 5.5 and 3. I have always been the more passionate one in the relationship- I was the one to start everything from our first date, to saying I love you, moving in, engagement, kids. I am confident he loves me thoroughly and is very commited, he is just extremely cautious. Wish he would do the reckless abandoned thing once in a while as there is no chance for accidents with him ( even although he says he would accept an accident baby). Shamefully, I fantasize about this "accident"- thats makes me evil right?
I guess I am selfish. Can't help it, love the Idea of a "little big family". My own family is pretty messed up and not very warm- I suppose I want to create my own troop.
Thank you for listening :)
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Kermitthemom23
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:10 AM
That 3rd kid is tough (i know at least 8 families who have added #3 in the past 2 years) baby fever is normal. Do whats best for you guys
Mari6443
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:52 AM
I totally relate to your situation. I understand. I'm more passionate than my DH. He's reluctant as well. He doesn't want any more kids. But I've come to the point where I am content with having two kids, and will be content if we are blessed with one more. Hope everything works out for you.:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AuntieMom101
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol... You are not evil for daydreaming about the condom breaking or forgetting to take the pill for a week or 2 or 3 :) and I am sure you are not alone (I can actually prove that statement since I had a lot of thoughts exactly along that line lol)
I think you might want to sit down and really have a heartfelt talk with your DH :)
Good luck!
Devious103102
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:14 PM

If he's saying "fine" then I guess he's not really that much against it. Go for it. 

12yrmama
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:31 PM

I know the feeling. We found a semi-happy agreement with 3.

I came around to agree with my dh because of his reasons: Space. Or lack of it. We have a small 3 bedroom 1 bath house and no mini van (the kids and me fit in my car but we need two cars if my dh comes too!). If we could've afforded a van in the near future it might have been different.

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:33 PM
Bump and best wishes no matter what you decide. :)
mommybug77
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:40 PM

I wouldn't do it until he actually agrees and not just says "whatever"

LuvHugs429
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 4:10 PM
I wouldn't do it against his will. My SIL had baby #2 without my BIL's consent and he had nothing to do with that baby until he was 5 yrs old. It was really sad to watch. I too was having baby fever and wanted#3 but when my Husband said he didn't want any more babies I was heart broken but it made me put in more time to the kids I already ha and realize how busy they keep me. Now with Dancing, baseball, swim lessons and CCD I am truly happy I only have the 2 because if a third one needed to be somewhere I would be screwed.
LuvHugs429
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 4:17 PM
I wouldn't do it against his will. My SIL had baby #2 without my BIL's consent and he had nothing to do with that baby until he was 5 yrs old. It was really sad to watch. I too was having baby fever and wanted#3 but when my Husband said he didn't want any more babies I was heart broken but it made me put in more time to the kids I already ha and realize how busy they keep me. Now with Dancing, baseball, swim lessons and CCD I am truly happy I only have the 2 because if a third one needed to be somewhere I would be screwed.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)