Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Have you let your appearance go since becoming a mom?

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 2:01 PM
  • 53 Replies

I was talking to a bunch of moms at my son's preschool pick up and we were all saying that we all let ourselves go a bit since having kids. My wardrobe is mostly comfy clothes and a few dressy things which is the opposite of what it used to be. My hair is almost always in a ponytail.

Have you let your appearance go since becoming a mom?

by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 2:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kidlover2
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 2:03 PM
Kind of.., at home I look like a mess, but I still like to dress up and go out.
Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 2:08 PM

Other then my weight going up and down, nope haven't really let myself go.  I'm always dressed, hair and make up are always done.  I also work full time so I need to keep myself up.

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

1CrazyCajun
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 2:11 PM
2 moms liked this

At home, I stay in comfortable clothes , no make up and hair up in a bun. Anytime I go outside the house, hair done, makeup on and dressed nice.

Mainstream Moms Attached Parenting/Crunchy not quite your style?Come join other like minded moms.

12yrmama
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 2:30 PM
2 moms liked this

I have good days and frumpy days. Good days I wear jeans or a cute skirt and wear my hair down. Frumpy's are stretchy pants and a tee, hair up in a clip or ponytail. I try(!) to out number frumpy with good each week.

My real wake up call was when my mom asked why I was wearing my pjs at 10 o'clock lol. I just smiled and went to change.

LuLuRex
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 2:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I feel this way too. 

Quoting kidlover2:

Kind of.., at home I look like a mess, but I still like to dress up and go out.

Mantidae
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 2:41 PM

I have made a very concerted effort not to, at least around my husband.  When I get home from work, I spend 10 minutes or so changing into something nice looking (nothing fancy, jeans and a tee or a maxi dress), and fix my hair.  DH would love me either way, but I know he appreciates seeing the effort I put toward looking nice for him.  We both work to keep our marriage lively.

At work I wear a uniform and I don't wear any make-up.  I am not there to attract anyone, and I don't need to be (I'm damn good at my job).  I am a professional and often recognized in the community, so even on a quick run to the store I have to look reasonable presentable - I don't wear yoga pants out.

I care a lot less what people think of the way I look since having kids, but I still make an effort.

Mom2theResQ
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Let go, no. I don't get my hair done as often though

Join us!

KendallsMommee
by Chrissy on Apr. 30, 2013 at 3:33 PM

I never really wore make-up or dressed up unless it was for a very special occasion, so I'd have to say no.

Raeann11
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 3:47 PM
A little but I knew it would happen.
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 3:48 PM

For a while I did. Now, I'm taking better care of myself than ever before. Better clothes, better hair products, better makeup and actually caring about what I look like before leaving the house. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN