Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Need major help!! Can't decide on our little girls name and she will be here May 29th if not sooner!

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 4:09 PM
  • 77 Replies
Dh and I are expecting our 6th little bundle of joy May 29th via c-section. We have a list of names but have not found one that screams "THATS IT!!" We have never had such a hard time. With our other children they seemed to seemingly pick their own names if that makes sense. Once we came across it we just knew that was it. But our little stinker this time has not done that with the names we have thrown out their. It is driving us mad, well me more than anything. We always have one common name and try to use a name we love that at the time is not so common. And that is where our trouble is. Rose is going to be her middle name after DH mother.
Here is a list of names we like or love but just unsure if it screams "Pick me!!" Also if anyone has any suggestions on other uncommon names please by all means throw them out their! This momma needs lots of help and new ideas!!
Here is what we like so far...
Lennie Rose
Laddie Rose
Aria Rose
Adalynn Rose
Loralai Rose
Willow Rose
Everly Rose but say it outloud and it sounds like I should start singing every rose has its thorn. Lol
Ellie Rose
So their you have it. Those are the top ones. Anyone with different ideas that are uncommon or unisex that goes with Rose? HELP!! And thank you in advance.
I will reply to peoples comments as often as I can.
:)
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 4:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stormygirl35
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 4:16 PM
Bump
becky.riley
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 4:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I like Willow.

Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 4:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I have a cousin her name is Julia Rose

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

IQuitCounting
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 4:19 PM
2 moms liked this

You still have a month... have you thought about just waiting to see her little face and then deciding?  With our son we had two picked out and then when we saw him we just knew he was a Jude, so that's what we went with.  My brother and his wife waited almost a week before settling on a name for their youngest.  I'd say stop stressing over it and just enjoy the next few weeks!  On that note I like the name Adalynn myself :)

hollydaze1974
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 4:24 PM
1 mom liked this
I like Willow, but as I've seen time and time again, mom's will fret and worry, and when their babe is put in their arms, it hits them and dad like a bolt of lightening what the right choice is. Good luck and congrats!
stormygirl35
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 5:05 PM
Thank you and funny you say that. I was just talking with my mother on the phone and said I kinda have a feeling I may need to see her first and then I will know. It just freaks me out a little waiting until the last minute and I think that is because it has never happened this way before. I hope it hits us because I surely don't want to have to call her "no name" lol. I think I may be stressing a little more than normal also because this pregnancy is a bit bittersweet. I have had some complications that have really worried the doctors. She is thriving but I on the other hand am not but we were advised that with my advanced age, having twins previously, multiple c-sections and now high blood pressure with this pregnancy (they have me on bp meds but their still worried I will have a stroke or blood clots etc) but we were told we should not have anymore because they are afraid the next pregnancy could kill me. :( Maybe that's why its harder to decide because in the back of my mind I know this is the last time we will have such a precious experience. Our children need their mom so I wont risk my life especially because I have been very blessed with such a big wonderful family. Still pulls at my heart strings though.
hollydaze1974
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 5:49 PM
It isn't as if she will be " Baby Girl XYZ" when she's entering school! Haha!

You don't technically have to name her at the hospital, but you can't get a social # until she's named. You have a month still. I feel she'll " tell " you.

Quoting stormygirl35:

Thank you and funny you say that. I was just talking with my mother on the phone and said I kinda have a feeling I may need to see her first and then I will know. It just freaks me out a little waiting until the last minute and I think that is because it has never happened this way before. I hope it hits us because I surely don't want to have to call her "no name" lol. I think I may be stressing a little more than normal also because this pregnancy is a bit bittersweet. I have had some complications that have really worried the doctors. She is thriving but I on the other hand am not but we were advised that with my advanced age, having twins previously, multiple c-sections and now high blood pressure with this pregnancy (they have me on bp meds but their still worried I will have a stroke or blood clots etc) but we were told we should not have anymore because they are afraid the next pregnancy could kill me. :( Maybe that's why its harder to decide because in the back of my mind I know this is the last time we will have such a precious experience. Our children need their mom so I wont risk my life especially because I have been very blessed with such a big wonderful family. Still pulls at my heart strings though.
Cheribomb
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 5:50 PM
1 mom liked this

willow or ellie :) congrats!  

12yrmama
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 6:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I named my babies before seeing them, but the names always fit. You can tell so much in-utero. We thought we would never agree but we always found it together. The right name will jump out at you!

Mom2Vannah
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 6:45 PM
1 mom liked this

My daughter's middle name is Rose also. I think it's a beautiful name. My choice would be Loralai Rose.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN