Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Any moms out there that have got it all figured out...

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:50 PM
  • 22 Replies
...Please write a book for the rest of us!

My oldest is almost 12 and I still feel like I'm winging it. Parenting is the only job I've ever done that I don't feel like I'm getting better over time.
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thecoffeefairy
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:51 PM
I feel ya! I have a17,14 and 13 year old. Some days I think I'm rocking it, other days I think in flunking the remedial class.
Nickie76
by Nickie on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:52 PM
I think we all feel like that. Some are just more honest than others.
wonderwomanT08
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:52 PM
I have background In Early Family Childhood Education, Special Education and 9 years of licenesed daycare and I am having problems with my teens! Lol
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:54 PM

I'm with you.  I have a background in early childhood education, childcare, and as a preschool teacher and my 5 and 3 year old can still baffle me, especially my 5 year old he's always been the exception to the rules.

Quoting wonderwomanT08:

I have background In Early Family Childhood Education, Special Education and 9 years of licenesed daycare and I am having problems with my teens! Lol

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love.  ~Mildred B. Vermont
MrsImperfect
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:56 PM
I have a 12 almost 13 yr old 10 yr old and 2 yr. Im much better with my 2 yr old then the older 2. I feel like I screwed up so bad with them. I was telling my husband yesterday by the time our kids have kids we'll be experts. Lol
lacyd75
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:12 PM

Not even close to having it all figured out. I once thought i had after my son until i got a daughter then it was a rude awakening lol.

Mrsmayaguy
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I haven't gotten it figured out but I don't have tons of mommy guilt either.  I take it 1 day at a time.  Nine times out of ten I bet we all do great jobs.

When my first was born I went to Bethesda Naval hospital (1 of the top hospitals in the us). He saw a very renown pediatrician.  He sat me down knowing it was my first & told me that I'm the best mom this baby could ever have and to trust myself & forgive myself.  He told me God gives all women "mammy wit" and that's enough.  Of course I've screwd up but I'm human.  That man gave me so much confidence that I'm the best and sometimes I won't be perfect.

just take it day by day!

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:34 PM

I don't think anyone has it all figured out. I think I do/have done some things really well as far as parenting goes (especially with my oldest, 19) but other things I completely second guess myself and think maybe if I'd done something differently this or that would have/have not occurred. I figure like every thing else you learn from your mistakes and can tweak your parenting style as you go. 

momma2b2008
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:37 PM
I know what you mean. I used to be a preschool/daycare teacher and actually was going to school to be a certified preschool teacher until I had a preschooler of my own. I thought I had it all figured out when I was teaching. Boy was I wrong! Lol!
mommybug77
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:38 PM
It happens to the best of us. Every one of my kids is different.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN