Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Surname after marriage.

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: When you married did you take his surname?

Options:

Yes, I wanted too!

Yes, but only because he wanted me to.

Yes, I had a horrible surname!

No, I kept mine for work reasons.

No. I didnt want too at all!

No, his surname is terrible!

I kept my name and also his.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 97

View Results

by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:51 PM
Replies (21-30):
anotherandree
by Inga on May. 1, 2013 at 10:34 AM

This is me.  I never thought twice about it.  I was super excited to change my name and did it like the day after we got married!

Quoting TableforSeven:

Yes.  I am a very traditional person.  I can't imagine being married to my husband and NOT taking his name.  We have been married for over 21 years and I have never regretted doing it.

SP_Mama
by on May. 1, 2013 at 10:35 AM

I changed it because I wanted to.  My maiden name was long and I always had to spell it out for people and they'd STILL get it wrong.

Even if DH and I were to divorce, I'd keep his last name.

kitty8199
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 10:44 AM
I said yes because i plan on it when we get married.
I love him, and it wouldn't matter what his name was
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
birdiemom
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this
For real! A lot of people comment on it. When I met DH I was wearing a Superman sweatshirt. He introduced himself, "hey superman, I'm Batman" lol

Quoting Stephd710:

Really??  Thats freaking awesome!!  I have a friend who's last name is Ace.  She gets comments on it all the time.  She said "I pretty much married him for his awesome last name."  LOL!  

Quoting birdiemom:

I took his last name, I never thought twice. Besides how cool is it to be Mrs. Batman?

CotterpinDoozer
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 1:14 PM

I didn't for work reasons, but now that I'm not working in that field anymore, I'm looking into changing it. Which is becoming difficult because I can't find our marriage license and the place we got married is not currently issuing certified copies for some reason, they wouldn't tell me why they weren't when I inquired and couldn't tell me when they would be again. I've asked if a marriage affidavit would work and have gotten mixed answers. SS said yes, so long as it's notarized, DMV said "Maybe, I'd have to see it." So I'll go ahead and get one, hopefully the DMV will take it.

AV made by NiamhWitch

Pukalani79
by Kris on May. 1, 2013 at 1:35 PM

Quoting TableforSeven:

Yes.  I am a very traditional person.  I can't imagine being married to my husband and NOT taking his name.  

I could have written this... As much as I love my family, the very first thing I did after our honeymoon was to go and have my name changed.  I loved writting "Kristin P.."  I don't feel like I lost a part of me, I gained something tremendous.

Mantidae
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 4:25 PM
1 mom liked this

You missed an option!  He took my last name.

I told him before he even proposed that I would keep my last name for professional reasons.  He wanted us all to have the same last name and had no real reason to keep his last name (he'd given it away once many years before only to have it completely soiled), so we joined under my name.

Quinn525
by on May. 1, 2013 at 4:34 PM
1 mom liked this
My maidenname rhymed with the f word and I used to get the worst junk mail. I would've hyphenated but my married name is Wright and I didn't want to be referred a Fuck-Wright.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamaslilpunkin
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 4:48 PM

I changed my last name to his last name.I was tired of my maiden name,I needed a change lol ;)

la_bella_vita
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 5:07 PM

Yes and I wanted too. No regrets. I love my married name.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN