Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

One Thing (PIOG)

Posted by on May. 1, 2013 at 9:47 AM
  • 20 Replies

Name one thing people think about you that isn't true.

People think I'm cool. I have no idea why....maybe its the way I dress or something. But all illusions of me being 'cool' are immediately eliminated when I launch into a dialogue about something history or medical related, or start making references to 'Dr. Who' and 'Star Trek'. Then people realize I'm a huge nerd, and only call me when their kids won't stop throwing up at 3 AM or they need tech support. :/

by on May. 1, 2013 at 9:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HockeyDanceMom
by on May. 1, 2013 at 10:10 AM

People think I am a push over because I am quiet, but I'm not. I will stand up for myself and share my opinion when needed.

Wife to Jason (07/10/98), Mommy to Michael James (03/21/00), Madalyn Rose (02/27/03), Emily Grace (01/07/05), Daniel Joseph (01/04/06) & Christopher Thomas (03/21/11).

Stephd710
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 10:29 AM

People think im a snob.  Im just quiet until I get to know someone.  I have to listen and feel them out and get a feel for their personality and stuff.  Ive heard that so many times "I thought you were a snob or you didnt like me at first!"  I hate it, but I have a hard time opening up right away. Once im comfotable, im talkative, outgoing, funny, etc.  

kidlover2
by on May. 1, 2013 at 10:40 AM
Everyone I meet is shocked I'm not a prude. I've been accused of being a bible thumper and a " mental virgin". My life story scares people :) and though I am a Christian and I'm not shy to admit it, my best friend in the world, who I love more than my own life, is an outspoken atheist.
grneyedormom
by Kendra on May. 1, 2013 at 10:46 AM
My friends lovingly call me "koogle" instead of google because I know a lot about a lot of things from working in social services. I can also be mistaken for being a bitch because I'm quiet and reserved until I'm comfortable in my surroundings.
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on May. 1, 2013 at 10:52 AM

This is me as well.....

Quoting Stephd710:

People think im a snob.  Im just quiet until I get to know someone.  I have to listen and feel them out and get a feel for their personality and stuff.  Ive heard that so many times "I thought you were a snob or you didnt like me at first!"  I hate it, but I have a hard time opening up right away. Once im comfotable, im talkative, outgoing, funny, etc.  

liss05
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2013 at 2:02 PM

Me too!

Quoting lalasmama2007:

This is me as well.....

Quoting Stephd710:

mumsy2three
by Shauna on May. 1, 2013 at 3:32 PM
1 mom liked this

This~

Quoting Stephd710:

Mantidae
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 4:18 PM

People think I'm a grown up.  Clearly they don't know me.

In my professional life, people tend to think I'm sweet and quiet, which keeps the element of surprise on my side when I lay down the law.

DBone_Holmes
by on May. 2, 2013 at 10:31 AM

People always mistake my kindness for weakness and try to take advantage of me but I finally learned how to say: "no". 

whatmynameagain
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 10:55 AM
Im quiet ans have been thought to be serious or bitchy bc of it. Once I know people I open up and they are surprised I laugh about everything and am actualy laid back.
I've also had people mistake my quiet naturr for weakness and they got out of sorts when I didn't bend to their will but stood up for myself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN