Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Name one thing people think about you that isn't true.

People think I'm cool. I have no idea why....maybe its the way I dress or something. But all illusions of me being 'cool' are immediately eliminated when I launch into a dialogue about something history or medical related, or start making references to 'Dr. Who' and 'Star Trek'. Then people realize I'm a huge nerd, and only call me when their kids won't stop throwing up at 3 AM or they need tech support. :/

by on May. 1, 2013 at 9:47 AM
Replies (11-20):
mamabearjkda
by on May. 2, 2013 at 12:39 PM

People think i'm a carebear, in other words I am cute cuddly and all I have to smack a person back down is the carebear stare, it's quite a different story though, I can throw down when I need to, I stand up for myself and don't take anyones crap. When someone really gets to know me and has seen the other side of me they tremble..

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2013 at 1:56 PM

I've been told I come off as snob/rude as well as a first impression. 

I would be curious to see what people,  who don't know me, think I do for a living.  I'm sure this part would be very funny.

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2013 at 3:35 PM

IDK, really. I'm an open book and what you see is what you get. If I like you I show it. If I don't like you I show that as well. I'm never fake and I never tell people what they want to hear. If I don't have anything nice to say I don't say it, but I'm not a pushover either. I'm loud, funny, outspoken and not afraid of what people think. I'm not out to please or impress anyone. I'm the one at the table that will say something if things aren't right when others won't say anything. 

I'm usually the one people go to when they have a problem they don't know how to deal with. I'm great at solving problems for people I know. 

I'm also going to the the one who goes to bat for the underdog. I can't stand people ganging up on someone, especially those who can't defend themselves. At our sporting events I can be found cheering on both sides and congratulating all players, not just the ones on my kids' teams. In our softball league there is a boy with Down's Syndrome and another with a condition I don't know. When I see these kids play I will yell and cheer my heart out. I probably look like an ass but I couldn't care less. I'm one of the least competitive people you'll meet. 

anotherandree
by Inga on May. 2, 2013 at 11:59 PM

People think that I am intimidating because I can come across as confident when you first meet me.  There is a woman in my neighborhood that is starting ALL kinds of crap (like telling people that I sunbathe topless in my backyard!) because she is horribly intimidated by me.  It is very frustrating.  I am a confident person but that does not mean that I am intimidating.

Briesmom38
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2013 at 8:16 AM

Because of the position I'm in at work, people assume I went to college, but I never did.

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

Jilly79
by on May. 3, 2013 at 8:29 AM

People often think I'm stuck up because I'm very shy. But once they get to know me they realize that's not the case. Why is quiet mistaken for snobby?  

KylesMom409
by Linnette on May. 3, 2013 at 10:08 AM
1 mom liked this
This!!

Quoting DBone_Holmes:

People always mistake my kindness for weakness and try to take advantage of me but I finally learned how to say: "no". 

ruby_jewel_04
by Member on May. 3, 2013 at 10:12 AM
People think i'm an over bearing parent. We don't live in a great area, so i'm very protective of my kids. But people think i'm being paranoid. There are to many kids that get snatched out of their front yards for me to not worry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crissy2424
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2013 at 9:47 PM

You are who you are! Be proud of that. I don't know what ppl think about me that isn't true...or what they think of me. *shrug*

diaperstodating
by Angel on May. 3, 2013 at 11:58 PM

Me to! 

Quoting liss05:

Me too!

Quoting lalasmama2007:

This is me as well.....

Quoting Stephd710:

People think im a snob.  Im just quiet until I get to know someone.  I have to listen and feel them out and get a feel for their personality and stuff.  Ive heard that so many times "I thought you were a snob or you didnt like me at first!"  I hate it, but I have a hard time opening up right away. Once im comfotable, im talkative, outgoing, funny, etc.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN