Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

I hate cooking

Posted by on May. 2, 2013 at 9:34 PM
  • 11 Replies

I hate to cook...always have & probably always will. Anyone else feel like me? What do you ladies do for dinner? I'm in need of some fairly simple ideas for things I came make my hubby & sons?

by on May. 2, 2013 at 9:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kidlover2
by on May. 2, 2013 at 9:39 PM
I loathe cooking. I am lucky enough that my fiancée is an awesome cook. He worked at a few resorts as a college student. The few night that he isn't home... I get away with fast and simple meals. Grilled pork-loin with asparagus, baked salmon and a salad, tacos, fajitas... Anything that takes 20 minutes or less with very little prep and cleanup.
KendallsMommee
by Chrissy on May. 2, 2013 at 9:45 PM
I love cooking! I cook at least 2 meals from scratch everyday.

Try allrecipes.com. You can get great ideas, even simple recipes, just by typing in one main ingredient.

Saharra
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 10:01 PM
I hate to cook. Partially because my mom just never did. DH's mom is like the queen of cooking :) So, I do a lot of crock pot meals. I can pretty much do them when I have time and not be exhausted at the end of the day to get something going. But here's more ideas-

Enchiladas, tacos, ham and potato casserole, tater tot casserole, home made cheese and broccoli soup, chicken tacos, chicken and rice, macaroni with fried bologna, Spaghetti.....
OliviaW.
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 10:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Allrecipes.com, campbellkitchen.com, food.com are some good sites. There's also some nice groups on cafemom that are devoted to cooking. One is crackpots and another is recipes for busy moms; those are two I know off hand.

Quoting KendallsMommee:

I love cooking! I cook at least 2 meals from scratch everyday.

Try allrecipes.com. You can get great ideas, even simple recipes, just by typing in one main ingredient.

KylesMom409
by Linnette on May. 2, 2013 at 10:35 PM
I'm sick of cooking too! We're on a 5 day Disney vacay right now and one of the things that excited me from the get-go? Not having to cook for 5 days! LOL
letstalk747
by on May. 3, 2013 at 1:02 AM

i hate cooking , always haVE  , but do anyway

mrsary
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2013 at 1:09 AM
Two words... slow cooker.
connorsmom2009
by on May. 3, 2013 at 1:34 AM

BUMP!

occumommy
by on May. 3, 2013 at 2:21 AM

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/cookbooks.asp?cookbook=9087

this leads to a collection of recipes for people who hate to cook, looks like a lot of crock pot stuff

Briesmom38
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2013 at 8:15 AM

I love to cook, I only wish I had more time to prepare meals.  During the week I do a lot of grilling and crock pot meals.  

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN