Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

What was your first job?

Posted by on May. 3, 2013 at 11:37 PM
  • 180 Replies

briefcase

by on May. 3, 2013 at 11:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by Angel on May. 3, 2013 at 11:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Wendys

KendallsMommee
by Chrissy on May. 3, 2013 at 11:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I started out as an order taker for Domino's Pizza. 3 years later, I was a manager. I worked there for almost 15 years. It was first and last job.

diaperstodating
by Angel on May. 3, 2013 at 11:49 PM

Why did you quit?

Quoting KendallsMommee:

I started out as an order taker for Domino's Pizza. 3 years later, I was a manager. I worked there for almost 15 years. It was first and last job.

KendallsMommee
by Chrissy on May. 3, 2013 at 11:52 PM
2 moms liked this

My Prince Charming aka DH came along and swept me off my feet. He took me away from that stress. I've been a SAHM ever since...

snowangel1979
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2013 at 11:56 PM
My first job besides baby sitting was at dairy queen. LOL.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2013 at 1:14 AM

The summer between 9th and 10th grade I babysat 4 kids. I was only 14 and the kids were 12 (girl), 10 (girl) and 8 (twin boys). I hated it. I only made $50 a week and I was there from 8-4. The house was a disaster and I couldn't stand to be there so I spent my first week or so cleaning it. After that she began leaving me lists of stuff she wanted done like I was a housekeeper or something. 

I absolutely hated it but I had to keep doing it because with my first check I made her bring me to the store and put a bunch of school clothes on layaway....lol. She would buy my clothes from Wal Mart and that's the age when I began caring about my appearance and evidently WM clothes weren't good enough for me. 

diaperstodating
by Angel on May. 4, 2013 at 1:19 AM

That must have been your worst summer ever! Instead of babysitting the kids and having a little bit of fun with the kids, you were stuck being a housekeeper.

Quoting countrymomma81:

The summer between 9th and 10th grade I babysat 4 kids. I was only 14 and the kids were 12 (girl), 10 (girl) and 8 (twin boys). I hated it. I only made $50 a week and I was there from 8-4. The house was a disaster and I couldn't stand to be there so I spent my first week or so cleaning it. After that she began leaving me lists of stuff she wanted done like I was a housekeeper or something. 

I absolutely hated it but I had to keep doing it because with my first check I made her bring me to the store and put a bunch of school clothes on layaway....lol. She would buy my clothes from Wal Mart and that's the age when I began caring about my appearance and evidently WM clothes weren't good enough for me. 

jeweldragons
by on May. 4, 2013 at 1:29 AM
Bob Evans.
TroyboysMom
by on May. 4, 2013 at 2:22 AM

Fedco. I worked the giftware and As Seen on TV aisles - I basically spent a lot of time polishing and arranging Mikasa crystal, and trying to make attractive displays out of chicken cutlet boobies. 

BuckeyezRule
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2013 at 2:42 AM

Besides babysitting, I worked at a local pharmacy, my bestie worked at. Got the job at 14, almost 15. :) worked there until I was 18. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN