Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

He's getting spoiled for his 6th birthday

Posted by on May. 6, 2013 at 12:07 AM
  • 17 Replies
1 mom liked this
My son is getting way spoiled for his 6th birthday next month. I need to get shopping!
His party will be the weekend before his birthday. It's perfect because he can invite anybody he wants to without me worrying about paying for it. It's at our local kids day event so they have free food for the kids, games, prizes, then things like a bounce house, emergency vehicles, a helicopter, school bus, etc. All I have to bring is a blanket to throw on the lawn and cupcakes! Do you think I should bring some snack foods as well?
On his birthday we are taking some friends to six flags. We have season passes as does sil. So we are inviting some friends with the bring a friend free passes that are good that day. It will only cost us gas.
For his birthday he is getting an indoor trampoline, lite brite, switch and go dinos, a large chalkboard, some racquetballs, and a few other things I can't even think of right now. We need them for his therapy so we are just giving them to him for his birthday.
Yes he's getting spoiled but other than the gifts (which he needs) it won't cost us much at all! The switch and go dinos are just for fun but the rest is all therapy stuff.
I always feel so much more prepared for his birthday than dds.
by on May. 6, 2013 at 12:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KylesMom409
by Linnette on May. 6, 2013 at 6:49 AM
Sounds like you have it all planned to me! :)
kyledavidsmom
by Tara on May. 7, 2013 at 6:49 AM
Sounds awesome
e-doolittle
by Kelly on May. 7, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Sounds great!
Jinxed8
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2013 at 11:55 AM

wow what a great plan !  You lucked out with this kids event thing ...  I would bring extra snacks, just in case with a few juice boxes or water bottles and you're all set !

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on May. 7, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Thanks :)  I very much lucked out with him.  There's another one about 30 minutes away right next to dd's birthday.  I hope to use that one when she gets older!

Quoting Jinxed8:

wow what a great plan !  You lucked out with this kids event thing ...  I would bring extra snacks, just in case with a few juice boxes or water bottles and you're all set !

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love.  ~Mildred B. Vermont
sdgd21
by Diana on May. 7, 2013 at 1:46 PM
Happy birthday, sounds fun, and yes bring maybe some loot bags filled with some cheep toys, This way the kids all get something as well, & you don't look cheap. :-) lol
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on May. 7, 2013 at 2:03 PM

Last year I had some but nobody even wanted them.  The kids get beach balls, tee shirts, fishing tackle, fire hats, stickers, their finished craft projects, balloons, etc so the parents didn't want anything else!

Quoting sdgd21:

Happy birthday, sounds fun, and yes bring maybe some loot bags filled with some cheep toys, This way the kids all get something as well, & you don't look cheap. :-) lol

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love.  ~Mildred B. Vermont
sdgd21
by Diana on May. 7, 2013 at 2:10 PM
Oh wow! I see.

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Last year I had some but nobody even wanted them.  The kids get beach balls, tee shirts, fishing tackle, fire hats, stickers, their finished craft projects, balloons, etc so the parents didn't want anything else!

Quoting sdgd21:

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2013 at 2:38 PM

It's great that things worked out so well! We just had our daughter's 6th birthday party Saturday and I feel like I spent a lot of money but we still had nothing (decoration wise). I'm not as creative as I wish I was. 

mumsy2three
by Shauna on May. 7, 2013 at 6:24 PM

sounds great~

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)