Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Seat Belts - Do you wear them?

Posted by on May. 6, 2013 at 7:28 AM
  • 50 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you wear a seat belt?

Options:

Always

Never

Usually

Occasionally

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 97

View Results

Do you think about wearing a seat belt more since becoming a mom? Would you wear a seat belt if it wasn't required by law?

by on May. 6, 2013 at 7:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Stephd710
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2013 at 7:34 AM
Always. My little brother died 10 years ago. If he had been wearing his, he would still be alive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CampClan
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2013 at 7:35 AM
Always wear it! It's the law. And I'm setting a bad example for my children.
KendallsMommee
by Chrissy on May. 6, 2013 at 7:56 AM
3 moms liked this

Always. I feel naked without it.

Hafsa1
by Member on May. 6, 2013 at 8:01 AM
It's the first thing I do when I sit in the seat, unless I have to adjust the seat (dh likes it waaaaay back). I did this before I had my first child.
Karen_29
by on May. 6, 2013 at 8:25 AM

I do believe that I wear my seatbelt more since becoming a mom. I ALWAYS wear mine.my grandfather was in a wreck when I was in elem. school. a drunk driver hit him and he was never the same. I saw what this did to my family and would never want that for mine.

TableforSeven
by Judy on May. 6, 2013 at 8:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I always wear a seatbelt and when I'm driving the vehicle doesn't move until envy one is buckled up.  This is not a ne rule for me....since I got my driver's license I have never allowed anyone to be unbuckled in my car.  And if I'm driving with someone else, I remind them to wear their seatbelt as well.

KDBeckham
by on May. 6, 2013 at 8:50 AM

After having been in an accident only 6 months after getting my license when I turned 15 I was grateful for wearing a seatbelt. The car I was in and the type of accident itself had a lot to do with me not getting any injuries, however I believe it could have been worse if I hadn't had it on. I have always worn a seatbelt and always will, regardless of the situation.

mamaslilpunkin
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2013 at 9:18 AM

I have always worn a seatbelt.Becoming a mother didn't make me more diligent about wearing one.It is the law around here but if it wasn't we would still wear them.

diaperstodating
by Angel on May. 6, 2013 at 9:21 AM

I have always worn a seatbelt. It saved my life when I was a teenager. My mom, sister and I were in a 5 car accident (we were in the middle, the third car) on an icy day in January 1999.

SuperPickle
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2013 at 9:23 AM

I have always worn my seatbelt. Every time. Buckle up or my car is not moving...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN