Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Your first Mother's Day

Posted by on May. 6, 2013 at 9:34 AM
  • 39 Replies

Were you pregnant, or did you have your baby on your first Mother's Day? If you were pregnant did you think of yourself as a mother?

happy mothers day

by on May. 6, 2013 at 9:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by Angel on May. 6, 2013 at 9:36 AM

My oldest son was born in June so I was very pregnant on Mothers Day. I did think of myself as a mother.

liss05
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2013 at 9:51 AM

DS was born in March(2005) so I  was very excited to celebrate my 1st Mother's Day and I got the best gift ever(to me at least) my DS's first "real" smile,

diaperstodating
by Angel on May. 6, 2013 at 9:58 AM

My youngest son turns 5 today! Yay! Happy Birthday to him!

happy birthday

He was in the NICU for two weeks, I spent Mother's Day in the hospital with him (I didn't leave the hospital until he came home). I missed my older boys, and it was a lonely, depressing day...

Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2013 at 10:09 AM

I was pregnant with my first this time last year. I got cards from my dh, friends & family. This year is technically my first Mother's day. My baby is 8 months old :)

offrdngal
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2013 at 10:10 AM
My son was 2 1/2 months old.

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2013 at 10:33 AM

I found out about my pregnancy about a week before Mother's day 2003 - the joy was short lived  by XH's grand father passing away and having my (then) In-laws staying at our house for the duration of the funeral, wake & burial which lasted all weekend.

My first official mother's day : , my grand-mother passed away a couple of days prior so my Friday and Saturday were spent on funerals, on the Sunday, never mind the fact that it was my 1st mother's day or that my grand-mother had passed away ...  my (then) mother-in-law, threw a tantrum because her son wasn't doing anything for her.  She drama queened her way into being taken out for brunch.  X-MIL sulked, was rude and didn't talk to me at all the whole time we were at the restaurant and my FIL left us the check too.   Lovely ...

Something always happens to me on Mother's day - I practically cringe now when that day comes.  This year, I don't even have DD on Mother's day.  So I don't know if I don't think about it, maybe nothing will happen.

ruby_jewel_04
by Member on May. 6, 2013 at 10:38 AM
I have been pregnant mothers day with all 4 of my kids. Lol. And with my first, yes, I was being called Momma by friends and family. Even though I was still first trimester. I was so damn sick though, there was no hiding it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diaperstodating
by Angel on May. 6, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Hugs ~ I am so sorry you have never been able to celebrate on your special day.

Quoting Jinxed8:

I found out about my pregnancy about a week before Mother's day 2003 - the joy was short lived  by XH's grand father passing away and having my (then) In-laws staying at our house for the duration of the funeral, wake & burial which lasted all weekend.

My first official mother's day : , my grand-mother passed away a couple of days prior so my Friday and Saturday were spent on funerals, on the Sunday, never mind the fact that it was my 1st mother's day or that my grand-mother had passed away ...  my (then) mother-in-law, threw a tantrum because her son wasn't doing anything for her.  She drama queened her way into being taken out for brunch.  X-MIL sulked, was rude and didn't talk to me at all the whole time we were at the restaurant and my FIL left us the check too.   Lovely ...

Something always happens to me on Mother's day - I practically cringe now when that day comes.  This year, I don't even have DD on Mother's day.  So I don't know if I don't think about it, maybe nothing will happen.

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2013 at 10:59 AM

Meh, I'm used to it by now ...  it has become some kind of colossal joke for me - never mind Friday the 13th, my scary day is Mother's day.   I always end up crying or extremely pissed off on that day.  So I don't celebrate it.  I usually drop off a hanging basket to my mom and call it a day. 

Quoting diaperstodating:

Hugs ~ I am so sorry you have never been able to celebrate on your special day.

Quoting Jinxed8:

Mommy4000
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2013 at 11:02 AM

I was 7 months pregnant. I didn't think of myself as a mother yet. I don't remember doing anything that mothers day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)