Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

6 months pregnant and allergic to my fetus!!!!

Posted by on May. 6, 2013 at 2:00 PM
  • 13 Replies

Okay maybe not allergic but my soles of feel and palms are red, cracked and itch like crazy from a liver enzyme condition due to pregnancy. Only1% of women get this nd i got it BAAAAAD!!!! Sleep maybe two n half hours a night, waking to bleeding skin from scratching and take two to three baths in middle of nite to help soften the blow of the torment. Tried calomine lotion, goldbond, and hydrocortisone to just help relieve it a little with NO success. Anyone else have this issue? Its driving me insane. Im 33 and have bags under eyes of a fifty yr old from stress n lack of sleep. Gonna end up in mental institution if this doesnt let up... Any advice PLEASE???? Thanks... Pregger momma going through itch hell!!!

by on May. 6, 2013 at 2:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mumsy2three
by Shauna on May. 6, 2013 at 8:00 PM

I'm sorry you are going through this, I've never heard of it before so I don't have any advice. Hugs!

OliviaW.
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2013 at 8:05 PM
Would shea butter or something along those lines help any?
KylesMom409
by Linnette on May. 6, 2013 at 8:06 PM
This.

Quoting mumsy2three:

I'm sorry you are going through this, I've never heard of it before so I don't have any advice. Hugs!

Dabberdoo
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2013 at 8:39 PM
I have no idea if it would actually work or not but coconut oil?
e-doolittle
by Kelly on May. 6, 2013 at 10:17 PM

This is what I was thinking or Vitamin E Oil.

Quoting Dabberdoo:

I have no idea if it would actually work or not but coconut oil?

VinVanMom
by Member on May. 6, 2013 at 10:22 PM

A mineral oil like argan oil... Maybe wax treatment...

KendallsMommee
by Chrissy on May. 6, 2013 at 10:29 PM
1 mom liked this
I had cholestasis when I was pregnant too. The only thing that helped was taking cold baths, believe it or not. They sucked, but at least the itching went away for a few hours.

The itching went away immediately after I gave birth.

Good luck and hang in there!
debmom07
by Member on May. 7, 2013 at 12:11 AM
Vaseline
JoeMegDansMommy
by on May. 7, 2013 at 12:13 AM

Wow I am so sorry that you are going thru this... I would say maybe try an oatmeal bath... I have taken em before and it helped me... Only thing else I could think of is some really good lotion... I hope u find a solution... Keep us updated so we know if u get any relieve!!!

Vix920
by Vickie on May. 7, 2013 at 10:41 PM

I had PUPPs when I was pregnant, a similar "allergic to the fetus" condition. It was brutal. The best I can recommend is oatmeal baths for the itching and my OB let me take Benadryl as well. Unfortunately, mine got worse after DS was born and I ended up having to get steroids to clear it up. Totally different scenario for mine, it sounds like.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)