Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Do you live pay check to pay check?

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you live pay check to pay check? If you don't now, have you ever?

by on May. 7, 2013 at 6:38 AM
Replies (41-50):
TTC2Long
by on May. 7, 2013 at 12:30 PM
Yes. But not for much longer! I'm doing a work from home biz and expect to make over $500 this month!
Pukalani79
by Kris on May. 7, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Yes we do.  As soon as we get ahead, something happens. :(   My DH gets paid on the 15th and my brakes just started grinding.  I can't afford to fix them til he gets paid, but that's a week without a car.  I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do.

seaturtle1
by Melissa on May. 7, 2013 at 2:12 PM

I say the same thing I have been sick for almost 4 years now with no answrs or end in site. I feel all my medical bills are making us poor.
Quoting Saharra:

We do. It's tough, but we haven't been able to get ahead like we should be able to because of loosing insurance and having diabetes :) It's not cheap! I keep saying if I wasn't diabetic, we would be rich :D

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2013 at 2:35 PM

Until February we did. Ever since we got together and married in 2001 we lived check to check. A bunch of stuff happened all around the same time that pushed us over that hump, thankfully. 

I still freak out when I see money in the account. I wonder what I haven't paid, what I haven't bought....what I'm doing wrong. After living one way for 12 years it's hard to get used to having money. 

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on May. 7, 2013 at 2:40 PM

No

Mystres
by on May. 7, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Yes and no.

If my can would not of died 1 year after SO got a new truck.   2 car payments at once hurts
Plus the requirement of full coverage insurance on both until paid off, OUCH!!! 

This month we actually pay off his truck.  and Dec of 2014 my car will be paid off.  I cant wait for that.  that will be about 1200 just in car payments free for other things.

So we are pay check to paycheck, but will be more comfortable soon thank goodness.

storkradio193
by on May. 7, 2013 at 4:34 PM

Not really, but savings would disappear relatively quickly if our income disappeared.

http://www.cafemom.com/home/storkradio193

SweetMama823
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 4:38 PM
We used to , not anymore.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ChancesMommy07
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Not now but we did when we were newlyweds. 

Mommy2Phenley
by Member on May. 7, 2013 at 4:40 PM
Yes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)