Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Swimsuit Season

Posted by on May. 7, 2013 at 12:08 PM
  • 29 Replies

Hey ladies.....

So I'll be 30 this fall and trying to get into great shape for this summer. My problem zone is my belly and now have an 11 week old.

What are your thoughts on types of bathing suits (moms) should wear?

We are serious boaters so we are always on the lake. Are bikini's too revealing for mom's? Or are tankinis better?

by on May. 7, 2013 at 12:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Stephd710
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I still wear a bikini.  I have to have a halter top tho, not the little triangles. LOL!  I will also wear board shorts when Im not in the water.  I dont like all THAT hanging out when im not actually swimming.  Hahaha!  I dont think there is a mom swimsuit dress code per se.  I say, wear what you are comforable in!  

Mom2KnN
by on May. 7, 2013 at 12:46 PM
I personally prefer tankinis. But wear what makes you feel comfortable.
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on May. 7, 2013 at 12:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I rock a bikini at 36. 

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2013 at 1:13 PM

I have an outdoor hot tub that we run all year long and a pool in the summer so bathing suit season is all year around ... but mind you it's in our own backyard.  I have all the types : bikinis, tankinis, bikini top + shorts and one piece.  I do not have a rockin' body but I wear bikinis anyways ... in public I'll wear tankinis or 1 piece.  There is no "mommy dress code" per say.  Wear what you feel and look good in.

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2013 at 1:35 PM

I'm a size 26/28 and wear nothing but tankini's. A whole piece is too uncomfortable to put back on after you've taken it off to go to the bathroom...lol. Plus when you are in a boat and have to hang over the side to pee it's difficult to do in a one piece. 

yperez0209
by on May. 7, 2013 at 2:01 PM

Try Landsend. You can visit there website or go to a Sears store, they carry the brand.

nurbabe82
by on May. 7, 2013 at 2:04 PM

I have always worn a bikini even after ds. Won't be happening this year because I am due with baby #2 the very end of May beginning of June. Definitely won't be bikini ready for this summer. 

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 2:05 PM

I'm going to be 35 this year and I still wear a bikini!  I say if you can rock it and are confident, then go for it. 

There is no "mom" swimsuit, but rather what you are comfortable in. 

MJP76
by on May. 7, 2013 at 2:09 PM

I wear a bikini top with board shorts, because I have a bikini body. I do cover up my problem areas with the board shorts (which would be my thighs to me) 

but I got lucky and didn't get a lot of stretch marks on my belly, and I have a nice 6 pk. Right after having babies though I wore a 1 piece.

IQuitCounting
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 2:10 PM

I wear a tankini top so my belly is covered and swim shorts (the ones for women, not big old baggy ones for dudes).  I'm not a huge fan of my soft belly and I have big thighs.  I don't want to feel like I'm worried about how I look so I just cover it so I don't.  We spend a lot of time on a lake/boat as well.  It's really just up to you and what you're comfortable with.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN