Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Who is better with money you or your DH/SO?

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 7:24 AM
  • 36 Replies

Who is better with money you or your DH/SO?

by on May. 8, 2013 at 7:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LuLuRex
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2013 at 7:25 AM

We're both good with money but he likes doing budgets and bills and I can't stand dealing with that stuff.

mamaslilpunkin
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2013 at 7:28 AM

I would say he is.I'm getting better about saving.He needs to lighten up sometimes about money.He's almost miserly.

azn_ladie82
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2013 at 8:19 AM

I would have to say me, but it could be because I keep track of the bills, so I know how much to spend in order to keep us going til next payday. Lol! We do need to save more and hoping to start that soon now that we paid off two cars.

HockeyDanceMom
by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:02 AM

I think we are both good with money

Wife to Jason (07/10/98), Step Mom to Lucas Robert (07/12/96). Mommy to Michael James (03/21/00), Madalyn Rose (02/27/03), Emily Grace (01/07/05), Daniel Joseph (01/04/06) & Christopher Thomas (03/21/11).

KylesMom409
by Linnette on May. 8, 2013 at 9:08 AM
This

Quoting LuLuRex:

We're both good with money but he likes doing budgets and bills and I can't stand dealing with that stuff.

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:39 AM

I think he is.  He was used to live on a budget and live very "bare bones" before he met me.  I have never done a spending budget my entire life.  I'm not a ridiculous spender, however I buy what I want, when I need it without thinking twice about it.

Marz31
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2013 at 11:20 AM

I would say I am, but probably only slightly. I do have control of the joint account tho, but we both have personal accounts and put in money to the joint account to cover joint bills and then we have our own stuff. it's how we started out when we moved in together in 2001 and it's works VERY well for us. 

LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on May. 8, 2013 at 11:27 AM

We are about the same.

1CrazyCajun
by on May. 8, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Me.

We had been dating less than 2 months when he asked me to balance his checkbook. I never seen such a mess. Took over 4 hours to figure that crap out. lol

Mainstream Moms Attached Parenting/Crunchy not quite your style?Come join other like minded moms.

UmmAyoub
by on May. 8, 2013 at 11:40 AM

he's good with planning and bugeting but I always have to rimind him when the bills are due

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN