Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you happy where you're at in life?

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 8:42 AM
  • 33 Replies
1 mom liked this

Poll

Question: Are you happy where you're at in life?

Options:

Yes

No

Other, because there always is.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 56

View Results

Today I celebrate my 31st birthday and it's depressing. Lol! Turning 30 last year really brought me down and I was such a grump. I guess I should be happy to say that I'm able to be alive but dang it..I just feel old. My youngest son just turned 5 last month and that got me sad. A couple days ago my husband asked me if I was happy where I'm at in life right now and I told him "yes". It was tough when we first got married and started our little family. Now here I am, roof over our heads, my family's healthy, life is a little easier financially and I went back to school last year. I can say minus the kids fighting every morning and fluff around the gut, I do wake up happy.

So, my question for you ladies... Are you happy where you are in life right now? If not, what do you plan to change in order to be happy?

by on May. 8, 2013 at 8:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyAddie
by Member on May. 8, 2013 at 8:49 AM
Happy with everything (except my house, but we just got an offer on it, so YAY!) I have really great kids, I'm pregnant again after years of thinking I couldn't get pregnant, I have an education and my best friend is my DF. We never really fight, we always end up laughing together. Ever since he and I met, I've had this feeling like we could do anything together and everything would work out for us. I have a great life and I always feel excited for what's next.

Happy birthday, I hope it's a really great one for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HockeyDanceMom
by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:00 AM

Yes, I am happy with everything

birthday sweetpea

Wife to Jason (07/10/98), Step Mom to Lucas Robert (07/12/96). Mommy to Michael James (03/21/00), Madalyn Rose (02/27/03), Emily Grace (01/07/05), Daniel Joseph (01/04/06) & Christopher Thomas (03/21/11).

KylesMom409
by Linnette on May. 8, 2013 at 9:10 AM
Happy birthday! And for the most part I am happy.
Jinxed8
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Overall I'm happy where I'm at.  I have a beautiful, healthy, intelligent daughter.  I own my own house and a brand new car, I got divorced and was lucky enough to find love again and get remarried.  I have a good job and have done well for myself.   There's always things that could be tweaked but nothing is ever perfect !

momofsunshine77
by Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:45 AM

I am not.  The only way it can change is if I somehow get a lot of money.  I would have liked to have had my own clinic by now.  Icant because of too much debt on my side, and DH des not make enough money for us to save up - I would be like 70 by the time I had enough.  I want to work, cant find a job - opart of reason I want my own.  Also want my own so I can be my own boss and work my career.  Working is my goal after I finish packing us all up and moving us.  UGH!!! 

Briesmom38
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2013 at 10:35 AM

I was just thinking about this the other night.  I am actually at a place in my life where I can honestly say I am happy.  I have a pretty good job with a boss who is very easy to work for.  Although she has her moments(what preteen doesn't,lol) for the most part, my daughter is growing up into this beautiful, smart, outgoing young woman.  After my divorce I was lucky enough to meet my SO, he's such an awesome person and has taken on the roll of daddy to my dd with open arms.  We have a small but nice house with a big backyard where I get to relax and play with our dogs.  I drive a newer car and get to take vacations.  Sure there are a few things I'd like to change in the future, but nothing that makes me unhappy!

blowing candles  Happy Birthday!

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

seaturtle1
by Melissa on May. 8, 2013 at 10:53 AM
I am 35 and my life is not how I had pictured it at all. It is a long story but I hate where my life is at right now. I wish for many changes but i do not see them coming anytime soon.
Raeann11
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2013 at 10:53 AM
Yes I am. I find the older I get the more I enjoy life. Yes I have my up and downs. But I know the will get better.
Stephd710
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2013 at 10:57 AM

Mostly!  I am happy in my job, I have great friends, I love being a mommy to my two little girls.  The only thing missing is someone to share it all with!  

e-doolittle
by Kelly on May. 8, 2013 at 11:11 AM

In some ways yes and others no.  I've made personal sacrifices for the benefit of my family happiness

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)