Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

American Girl to the rescue lol

Posted by on May. 10, 2013 at 3:14 AM
  • 1 Replies

My daughter just turned 3 and is being so stubborn with potty training.  She's just plain lazy.  She knows how to use the potty.  She will go days dry and using the potty.  Then boom she decides she's done and goes back to diapers.

She tried a dance class out a few weeks ago and really loved it but it takes me longer than I anticipated to drive there and back.  It's an hour of driving (30 minutes each way) for a 30 minute class!  So I called the gymnastics place to find out about classes there (it's near ds' school 15 minutes away) and they said their mommy and me class is Saturday mornings.  They have to be potty trained to do the 3 year old class.

Today at Costco she found the American Girl MacKenna movie.  I went ahead and bought it for her.  Now she's all excited about gymnastics.  I told her the rule is she must use the potty everytime first.  She ran into the bathroom, took off her diaper, and came running back out saying she's a big girl and going to use the potty.

Now hopefully this sticks!  If so it may be the best $10 I've ever spent on a movie!

I hate potty training :(

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love.  ~Mildred B. Vermont
by on May. 10, 2013 at 3:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
annelauer
by on May. 10, 2013 at 3:46 AM

Figuring out what motivates people (especially our kids) will always come in handy!  Hope she enjoys those gymnastics class!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN