Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Husband has chicken Pox

Posted by on May. 11, 2013 at 8:55 AM
  • 18 Replies

So last night I noticed red bumps on his chest back arms and legs. I knew what they were they were chicken pox. He would not believe me so he ran to the doctor this morning. Yup I was right. His mom said he had them as a kid but only had a handfull of pox. So where did he pick up the virus.....my dughters preschool friday we had 3 kids out and were notified there were cases in the school. Just a great way to ruin my mothersday weekend by having to sit home. It really irritates me that some persons choice has screwed up my weekend. I am a mom with an autistic daughter who all my children are vaccinated so why is it fair that someone who chooses not to has ruined my weekend. I am not trying to cause a debate just venting over my ruined weekend.

by on May. 11, 2013 at 8:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DragonMother10
by on May. 11, 2013 at 3:38 PM
Wow. It's very rare for an adult to get the chicken pox, especially if it's their 2nd time to ever get them. I'm sorry that your husband has them, try to make the best of Mother's Day weekend as you can.
diaperstodating
by Angel on May. 11, 2013 at 8:40 PM

hugs

diaperstodating
by Angel on May. 11, 2013 at 8:40 PM

happy mothers day2

KylesMom409
by Linnette on May. 11, 2013 at 8:55 PM
I hope they go away fast and he feels better soon.
conniejo75
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2013 at 9:31 PM
My sister got it twice as a kid. We got minor break out together. And then she caught it again pretty bad a yr or so later when little brother got it. I never got it again.
As for vaccination... chicken pox is not required and even some doctors are old school thought of natural is better with chicken pox. We don't know how long it even lasts. My kids got the vaccine and the boosters so I hope they never catch it as adults
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Xstitchinmom
by Member on May. 11, 2013 at 10:32 PM
Hugs...I hope your hubby gets well soon! I had chicken pox when I was 22...and five months pregnant with dd.
almburr
by Member on May. 11, 2013 at 11:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Be glad it wasn't shingles. Even if you have had it as a child you can get it as an adult most likely as shingles.
Saharra
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2013 at 9:37 AM
Poor guy! (And mom!!) Lots of baking soda baths! I ended up in the hospital with mine when I was little. I ended up getting them internally plus externally and now have scars everywhere because I couldn't stop scratching. I tried to find some relief! It was nasty. I feel for all of you!!
blcsmommie
by on May. 13, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Thanks everyone we got through the weekend with lots of whining and complaing on his part. I would almost rather the kids be sick as they complain less than the hubby. Our district requires the vaccine for elementary school unless there is "religious reasons" which alot of parents use even if it's not true. Because it was pre-K there is not the requirement (2-5). Oh yes we were lucky it was not shingles instead. 

letstalk747
by on May. 13, 2013 at 12:20 PM

SORRY  to hear this

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)