Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Old and no friends

Posted by on May. 11, 2013 at 11:39 PM
  • 35 Replies
Lately i have been feeling old I'm just 35 yrs old and i just notice that we (me and my dh) don't have friends our age. ( My dh is 40)
by on May. 11, 2013 at 11:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kourtneya
by on May. 12, 2013 at 2:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Dh is my only friend irl.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mistycat95
by on May. 12, 2013 at 6:07 AM

Your so not alone hun, I have the same problem. I'm a very sweet friendly girl and to this day I have no real outside friends Hugs to you

reneer1
by on May. 12, 2013 at 6:56 AM
First, you're not old, because I'm 38 & not old lol. Second, you're not alone, we don't really have any friends either.
Saharra
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2013 at 7:00 AM
Me either. I am involved in a moms group though and that does help. Ours includes older moms that don't have kids just in preschool. I suggest finding one just to see other people :)
whatmynameagain
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2013 at 7:02 AM
1 mom liked this
It's hard to make friends as a grown up esp with other women. I don't know what it is. I just resolved to have aquaintances and be happy with that. Dh is my best friend ,he and oir kids are all i really need. When O feel "old" I find getting active or going outside for a swim or walk or yardwork/ gardening helps me feel a little more energized. Or working in a fun project, I recently built a small scale doll house from a kit. It looks ok I am in no way crafty, but it was fun to do.
If you find things you enjoy to do you feel less lonely bc youreto content in yourself, at least that's what works for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tinay757
by on May. 12, 2013 at 7:54 AM
1 mom liked this
I thought i was alone in this world i will be thirty seven and don't have but one friend.why is it so hard to make friends?
C12H22O11addict
by on May. 12, 2013 at 7:59 AM
I'm selective with friends.
I feel that I have enough but its awkward for me to try to make more.
I'm 32 btw.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShannyLouisiany
by Member on May. 12, 2013 at 8:03 AM
My closest friends live in different states than I. I'm also really close to my sister. My bf is my bestie. He has friends who he visits sometimes, but I don't. TBH, I like it. I'm not terribly social. I'm 36, btw, and only really make new acquaintances through jobs or school.

I have no point and am rambling.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WesternNYmom
by Alaina on May. 12, 2013 at 8:19 AM
1 mom liked this

I am 35. I also have a hard time making friends.  I am very cautious about who I let into my life as I have had people in the past pretend to be a good friend and then stab me in the back.  I have had one really good friend in my life. Sadly she passed away in 2001 from a brain tumor.  I still miss her.  I do occasionally talk to other moms, but outside of school, and dance lessons etc. we don't hang out. 

KylesMom409
by Linnette on May. 12, 2013 at 8:37 AM
This!

Quoting Tinay757:

I thought i was alone in this world i will be thirty seven and don't have but one friend.why is it so hard to make friends?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN