Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My mom has been really mean to me the last few years. She is all about my brother's their wife's and their kid's. She hasn't nothing to do with mine inless some one is around. Than she try to look like the good mom and grandma.

A few months ago I decided enough was enough. I basically removed these toxic relationships out of my life. I have had nothing to do with for months.

I wanted to try and make these relationships work. I went out and got my mom and 2 sil's stuff for Mother's Day. I took it over to my mom's and gave it to them. They threw it in the garbage and told me they didn't want that crap. They wanted money instead that broke my heart.

I left and came home crying to my dh. He told me I am never going to learn that my family hates me. That I need to move on and quit trying to make some thing work that just won't work. He is so sweet that he is taking me out for dinner. Some thing he hardly ever does. He would rather go through a drive thru.

by on May. 12, 2013 at 7:20 PM
Replies (11-11):
nickigoingon8
by on May. 13, 2013 at 11:11 AM

My dh and I are in the same situation, but we aren't talking to either side for the same reasons or similar at least. My dh's parents have not been in our lives for about 2 years and we recently stopped talking to my parents also. With his parents is was that they didn't want anything to do with our 8 lovely children and with mine it is that we asked my mom not to get our then 13 year old an ipod touch because she has some issues and we didn't want her to have access to the internet.....well she did it anyways and then set it up for her to be able to have internet at her house and gave her my password to my house. When we found out we took the ipod away and then our dd stole it back, we caught her again and we hid it somewhere else well about 2 months ago we looked on it because she had been having some issues and we found a bunch of stuff a now 14 year old should not be doing on it.....so my husband called and left a message on my parents machine...after that they said they were disowning the grandchildren and my dh and I were dead to them......I have found that in the past couple weeks that could have been the best thing for my family and myself. It is hard at first but nobody deserves to be treated that way and as far as I am concerned you are better off without them.....sorry you had such a bad day and I hope it only gets better from here : )

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)