Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

OMG!! I won! Now I need some help!

Posted by on May. 13, 2013 at 9:29 AM
  • 36 Replies
I won $100 in the Survivor pool at work! Its's not a lot but it's more than I had yesterday. It couldn't have come at a better time either.

Now I'm not sure what to do with it. Should I use it to pay up on a couple bills or take my 6yo ds to the circus? We are very tight with money so we rarely get to take him to do anything. That also means we have difficulty paying some things on time. :o( Do I be responsible or do something special with my ds? Help me decide please?!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 13, 2013 at 9:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jinxed8
by Gold Member on May. 13, 2013 at 9:31 AM

well ... how late are your bills ? 

I think I would pay one bill and bring DS to the circus with the cheapest tickets I can find

Docgirl2000
by Member on May. 13, 2013 at 9:32 AM
We owe $50 on our rent from the 1st.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Docgirl2000
by Member on May. 13, 2013 at 9:34 AM
We also had the electric bill just come in. Thats $150
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Quinn525
by on May. 13, 2013 at 9:43 AM
5 moms liked this
Be a responsible pay your bills. You can do special things with your son without spending much money. My dh favorite memories of growing up was doing stuff with his mom. Did he realize that the crackers with peanut butter at the park was because they had no other food? No it was a picnic.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Docgirl2000
by Member on May. 13, 2013 at 9:53 AM
2 moms liked this
Youre right. I should be a responsible parent. Ds wont know that we sit and play legos all the time because we can't afford to do a lot of things.

Quoting Quinn525:

Be a responsible pay your bills. You can do special things with your son without spending much money. My dh favorite memories of growing up was doing stuff with his mom. Did he realize that the crackers with peanut butter at the park was because they had no other food? No it was a picnic.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Quinn525
by on May. 13, 2013 at 10:10 AM
I know it's hard when free money drops in your lap though. I try to visit the library and park often when we don't have money to go out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Docgirl2000
by Member on May. 13, 2013 at 10:17 AM
1 mom liked this
It is hard. He's such a good kid and deserves to be treated every now and then. I wish i could afford to. At least he has my family to spoil him all the time. Thank goodness for grandparents, great aunts and uncles, and aunts uncles and cousins.

Quoting Quinn525:

I know it's hard when free money drops in your lap though. I try to visit the library and park often when we don't have money to go out.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LuvHugs429
by Gold Member on May. 13, 2013 at 10:40 AM
Take your son to the circus. It's money you didn't have yesterday so do something FUN for your child.
nurse1997
by on May. 13, 2013 at 10:48 AM

PAY THE BILLS DOLL

Katt709
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2013 at 10:50 AM
2 moms liked this
Pay whatever bills you can with it. Especially rent. Your son needs a roof over his head more than he needs to go to the circus.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)