Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Taking care of the kids alone for 2 weeks (last Title Offended some)

Posted by on May. 13, 2013 at 10:47 AM
  • 25 Replies
Hoping all goes well. Hubby is in Boston for 2 weeks for work. He is only coming home if it doesn't rain over the weekend. I hope my MIL does what we have asked of her this time because last time she didn't and it was a headache.
by on May. 13, 2013 at 10:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
e-doolittle
by Kelly on May. 13, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Good luck!
Stephd710
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2013 at 11:30 AM
15 moms liked this

Im sorry, im not trying to be mean, but as a REAL single mom, it bugs me when married moms say they are single just because your husband is out of town. You may be ALONE for two weeks but you are NOT single, you still have his financial and emotional support available to you.  Real single mothers do not.  I do it myself.  EVERYDAY.  

LuvHugs429
by Gold Member on May. 13, 2013 at 11:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Sorry for offending you. It's just if I was a single Mom everyday my kids wouldn't be doing everything they are doing so when 2 kids have to be at different places at the same time and the person I rely on to help me every day and I need to rely on a new person it's hard and then once I do get on a roll and get used to doi g it on my own he comes home and it messes me all up.

Quoting Stephd710:

Im sorry, im not trying to be mean, but as a REAL single mom, it bugs me when married moms say they are single just because your husband is out of town. You may be ALONE for two weeks but you are NOT single, you still have his financial and emotional support available to you.  Real single mothers do not.  I do it myself.  EVERYDAY.  

letstalk747
by on May. 13, 2013 at 12:31 PM

good luck

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on May. 13, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Good luck!

Stephd710
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2013 at 12:55 PM
2 moms liked this

Yeah i know it has to be hard when you are used to having help.  I was just saying, some single moms can get upset by married women comparing it to being single.  Im not mad, thank you for the reply. 

Quoting LuvHugs429:

Sorry for offending you. It's just if I was a single Mom everyday my kids wouldn't be doing everything they are doing so when 2 kids have to be at different places at the same time and the person I rely on to help me every day and I need to rely on a new person it's hard and then once I do get on a roll and get used to doi g it on my own he comes home and it messes me all up.

Quoting Stephd710:

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on May. 13, 2013 at 3:23 PM
5 moms liked this

to have been there and done that in both situations (married but left alone and been a true single parent) I can tell you right now that I agree with StephD710 !    Not the same thing.

but good luck nonetheless, it's not easy to rely on other people !!

sdgd21
by Diana on May. 13, 2013 at 3:36 PM
Sorry. And be careful about saying that ur dh will be out of town, anyone on the net can see these post. Cm member or not.
MoPain
by on May. 13, 2013 at 5:26 PM
3 moms liked this

Well I hope the two weeks go smoothly for you! Although as a Single mom next time you may want to reword your title as it came be very frustrating for us when a married mom compares her short amount of time alone with our daily life. I'm not trying to be mean or witchy in any way just something to think about.

totessarcastic1
by on May. 13, 2013 at 7:05 PM
1 mom liked this

It seems  a lot of people are PC these days...I didn't take it as anything other than as you're stressed...I was a single mom for quite a few years, and married now...I do the "single mom" thing a couple weeks a month when the hubs is out of town for work, and sometimes, I can honestly say, I appreciate him more when he comes home! I like getting my own routine down, maybe because I did it on my own with my son for so long before I met him, even though that was eons ago! =)  You will find a routine, especially if the kids are in school. I got lunches made the night before, braided hair (so it was curly for my DD), cleaned up after they were in bed, drank my glass of wine, appreciated the silence!

I'm not out to offend anyone either, but that wasn't her goal either. You all work hard as single mommas, I've been there, done that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN