Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Summer hours (bedtime)

Posted by on May. 13, 2013 at 3:50 PM
  • 43 Replies

Me again, with bedtime questions lol !!

I am a firm believer in routines, but I know a LOT of people do Summer Hours for their kids.  I personally keep DD's bedtime firm all year around.  Yes of course, there are a few exceptions for Christmas and when she has friends sleep over.  But summer, winter, school or no school, I keep her bedtime firm and set which of course is "NO FAIR" as DD calls it because all her friends are up later.....  

Once school is out do your kids have a later bed time?  some do a later bedtime on weekends as well ...

by on May. 13, 2013 at 3:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Snowpuma
by on May. 13, 2013 at 3:53 PM
4 & 8 yo go from 7:30 - 8:30 or 9:00. 11& 14 yo go from 9:30 - 10:30ish. We don't have weekend hours, though they often go to bed around 10:30 - 11 anyway.
IQuitCounting
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2013 at 3:54 PM
1 mom liked this

This will be our first summer since our son has started school... so I'm honestly not sure.  We tend to keep later hours in the summer as a family though, because of my DH's work hours we try to squeeze in as much time with him after work as possible doing outdoor things (we live in WA so we have to really enjoy the nice weather while we have it) so likely I'll end up adjusting our son's bedtime by an hour or so.

kjbugsmom1517
by Member on May. 13, 2013 at 3:54 PM
It all depends how good they r being lol. We generally send them to bed around 9 in the summer if they r bein good. 730 if they arent.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jinxed8
by Gold Member on May. 13, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Which is the same or different than their regular bedtime (sorry there's like 6 pages on my previous post, can't easily go back and read your answer)

Quoting kjbugsmom1517:

It all depends how good they r being lol. We generally send them to bed around 9 in the summer if they r bein good. 730 if they arent.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on May. 13, 2013 at 4:02 PM

We go to bed a little later during the summer. I don't work during the summer and like it when my kids sleep in a little bit :)

Briesmom38
by Gold Member on May. 13, 2013 at 4:04 PM

My dd is 11, and she goes to camp m-f during the summer.  Even though she's up the same time in the morning as she would be for school, I'll let her stay up to around 9pm during the week. Weekends she's allowed to stay up as long as she wants, but she usually goes to bed by 9 (her choice).  She's usually so exhusted from camp that she falls asleep in the car on the way home and there's plenty of days she's in bed by 7:30,lol

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

alexsmomaubrys2
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2013 at 4:05 PM

We let them stay up until 9 during the summer, during the school year they are in bed at 8.

Mechelle01
by on May. 13, 2013 at 6:32 PM
9ish for summer, except Fri and sat when they stay up later. It's hard enough now finishing school to get them to bed at 8pm! During the summer they are out playing with the neighbors until almost 8pm anyways.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Firewoman33
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2013 at 6:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Pretty much the same for us. Only in MN and ds has been in preschool for 3yrs. I feel like time with their father is more important to my kids then keeping a strict schedule. 

Quoting IQuitCounting:

This will be our first summer since our son has started school... so I'm honestly not sure.  We tend to keep later hours in the summer as a family though, because of my DH's work hours we try to squeeze in as much time with him after work as possible doing outdoor things (we live in WA so we have to really enjoy the nice weather while we have it) so likely I'll end up adjusting our son's bedtime by an hour or so.

NunyaBizzness
by on May. 13, 2013 at 6:47 PM
1 mom liked this

i keep their bed times consistent throughout the year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN