Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Whats your favorite....

Posted by on May. 13, 2013 at 8:36 PM
  • 21 Replies

memory with your parent/s??  What did you really enjoy that your parent did or said???

by on May. 13, 2013 at 8:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
e-doolittle
by Kelly on May. 13, 2013 at 8:48 PM

I have so many memories of my dad.  Wish he was still here

TNMNM728
by on May. 13, 2013 at 8:54 PM

So tell me...whats a memory of him that always makes you smile?  :)

Quoting e-doolittle:

e-doolittle
by Kelly on May. 13, 2013 at 8:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I remember sledding down a hill holding onto his back.  It was super fast and we laughed the whole way down.

Quoting TNMNM728:

So tell me...whats a memory of him that always makes you smile?  :)

Quoting e-doolittle:

TimetoMomUp
by Member on May. 13, 2013 at 9:20 PM

When I was a kid we were super poor.  I didn't know it though because when we went to the church food pantry each week, my Mom called it an "adventure walk."  We would walk there and collect things like rocks and leaves and then when we got there she would say it was grocery shopping time.  Honestly, until my Dad finished college and got a great job when I was in 6th grade, I had no idea we were poor until we weren't poor anymore.  (I don't know if that makes any sense.)

TNMNM728
by on May. 13, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Sooo if you were poor....what do you remember doing for fun???

Quoting TimetoMomUp:

When I was a kid we were super poor.  I didn't know it though because when we went to the church food pantry each week, my Mom called it an "adventure walk."  We would walk there and collect things like rocks and leaves and then when we got there she would say it was grocery shopping time.  Honestly, until my Dad finished college and got a great job when I was in 6th grade, I had no idea we were poor until we weren't poor anymore.  (I don't know if that makes any sense.)

TimetoMomUp
by Member on May. 13, 2013 at 9:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Playing outside, taking walks, laying in the living room on sheets with blankets covering the windows and the fans on during movie time (my Mom's way of trying to fight off the heat, we thought it was a game), riding bikes, etc...It was the 80's.  We were not missing out on iPads, computers, cellphones or anything like that.  We did have an Atari that was a gift from my Aunt! 

Quoting TNMNM728:

Sooo if you were poor....what do you remember doing for fun???

Quoting TimetoMomUp:

mamaslilpunkin
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2013 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this

2 of my favorite memories with my mom:#1 Delivering my brothers papers for his paper route.He took on a paper route and had baseball practice 2 times a week and on those days me and my mom would do them.One day,we were riding along with the windows down,she had her right hand on the steering wheel,paper rolled up in her left hand but hanging out the window.All of a sudden she gasps and puts both hands on her face.I think, well where's the paper?I turn and look out the back window,the paper in flapping all over the street.Our last paper to deliver of the day.We couldn't stop laughing.We picked up my brother after his practice and through much giggling,we explained the fate of the last newspaper.He was SOOO mad.The madder he got,the more we laughed! Memory #2  My mom got a brand new car.First new car she ever owned.She told us she would take us for ice cream but be careful NOT to spill the ice cream in the car.Okay,me and my brother said.Driving home from the ice cream shop,it was really hot.Mom said,put up the windows,I'll put on the AC(first car with AC,she wanted to show off).Driving along,she licks the top of the ice cream cone,the whole scoop falls across the steering wheel,all down her lap.OH S--t ! she yells.Grabs the scoop and goes to throw it out the window.Well the window is up so SPLAT-all over the window!So much for the KIDS not dropping ice cream in the car ;)   God I love that woman..

Flaca43
by Gold Member on May. 14, 2013 at 12:53 AM
Making ornaments with my Mom. Making candies too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
soymujer
by Gold Member on May. 14, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Since I was raised by my grandparents, I don't really have a fave with my parents.  Though, my mom coming over and buying me a car for my 16th birthday will be right up there.

family in the van   Mom of four

TNMNM728
by on May. 14, 2013 at 8:52 PM

I was raised by my grandparents as well....actually adopted.  So tell me some good memories with them.  :)

Quoting soymujer:

Since I was raised by my grandparents, I don't really have a fave with my parents.  Though, my mom coming over and buying me a car for my 16th birthday will be right up there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)