Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

You know you're getting old when ....

Posted by on May. 14, 2013 at 11:42 AM
  • 25 Replies
2 moms liked this

So I went to see a concert and got so annoyed with the guy in front of me.   A 20 something,  fair weather fan who only knew the super hits and acted like a total moron during the whole show ; playing air guitar and air drum, jumping up and down the whole show.  It took my last bit of tolerance  to bite my lip in lieu of slapping him in the back of the head and tell him to pipe the F**k down. 

Then I realised the first time I saw this band in concert was 1989 ... that was almost 25 years ago.  Yup I'm old. 

by on May. 14, 2013 at 11:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Briesmom38
by Gold Member on May. 14, 2013 at 11:59 AM

I can so relate!!! LOL

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

Pukalani79
by Kris on May. 14, 2013 at 12:10 PM

LOL

debmom07
by Member on May. 14, 2013 at 1:44 PM
Wow ya
storkradio193
by on May. 14, 2013 at 2:01 PM

LOL!

http://www.cafemom.com/home/storkradio193

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on May. 14, 2013 at 5:29 PM
1 mom liked this

It never fails, every time we go somewhere I swear we always end up near the village idiot. Whether it be concerts, WWE events, Monster Jam, circus or anything else we do we always end up next to the dumbest, loudest people. I know these aren't exactly quiet events but I'm talking about an obnoxious loud. Ugh, I sympathize with you. 

Side note...what band did you see? I was only 8 in 1989 but I love older music. 

KylesMom409
by Linnette on May. 14, 2013 at 5:38 PM
LOL!
Jen4boys06
by on May. 14, 2013 at 5:48 PM

I'm curious to know what concert it was :)

BlueJane
by on May. 14, 2013 at 5:50 PM
That's why I never sit close. That way I don't have to stand all concert. I can sit in peace and enjoy the music. I'm so old!!
mumsy2three
by Shauna on May. 14, 2013 at 5:51 PM

LOL~

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2013 at 10:17 AM

It was Motley Crue

It never fails for me either... it's become a running joke with DH.  And we are low key attendees. (yes I will clap, cheer or sing along if prompted by the band)  When I pay good money to go see an event live, I want to SEE/watch the band, I want to hear the band and enjoy this.   You can "air guitar" and look like a douche at home in front of a DVD.  I felt equally bad for the ladies next to the obnoxious jerk-off, they were older ladies, clearly in their early 50s - she kept looking at me and just bursting out in laughter it was so ridiculous. ...

Speaking of WWE ... I've been to 2 shows, good greif here's another bunch of special people.  Last time the dude next to us kept screaming "Vicky you're fat ! You're a fat cow"  @ Vicky Guerrero.  I was like "Really ?"  That was so rude, idiotic and uncalled for ....

Quoting countrymomma81:

It never fails, every time we go somewhere I swear we always end up near the village idiot. Whether it be concerts, WWE events, Monster Jam, circus or anything else we do we always end up next to the dumbest, loudest people. I know these aren't exactly quiet events but I'm talking about an obnoxious loud. Ugh, I sympathize with you. 

Side note...what band did you see? I was only 8 in 1989 but I love older music. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN