Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

To react or not to react ...

Posted by on May. 15, 2013 at 3:35 PM
  • 32 Replies

Is my question !   My ex MIL hates me and the feeling is very mutual.  What I don't like is that she trash-talks about me to DD all the time.  Last time DD went there, she told DD to tell me to take the television out of her room that it was bad for her.

I'm so FED UP of this bullshit !!!!  I told DD, nex time to tell her grand-ma that mommy never asks questions about her or her house and therefore she should do the same.  Things in our house do not concern her and to respect our privacy.  

Here's my thing should I say something to my Ex-H ?  Because this is getting REAL old.  She should be gratefull that I'm the mom that I am and not the inadequate father her son is.  I also don't think that it's her business or her place to comment on what's going on in MY house. 

by on May. 15, 2013 at 3:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CamoChick
by on May. 15, 2013 at 4:09 PM

I would be having a talk with your ex

Briesmom38
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2013 at 4:13 PM

I would say something to the ex, and if that gets you no where, I'd say something to the ex mil too!

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on May. 16, 2013 at 10:50 AM

I'm seriously itching to send my ex-MIL a letter but I so don't want to open that can of worms.  I have not spoken to her in nearly 4 years. 

I hate speaking to my ex and avoid it at all cost.  But seriously I've had enough of his bat-shit crazy mother HOW DARE she !!!  To my child nonetheless, it's one thing to trash talk me to whoever but not to my child. 

Quoting Briesmom38:

I would say something to the ex, and if that gets you no where, I'd say something to the ex mil too!

Pukalani79
by Kris on May. 16, 2013 at 11:33 AM

I don't know, but I wouldn't put that on your child. 

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on May. 16, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Well I don't feel like my child should put up with her grand-mother's snarky remarks either.  DD feels very uncomfortable when her grand-mother does this.  The old bat needs to learn to hush.  I'm thinking if DD tells her grand-mother to respect her privacy maybe that will shut her up .  

This disgusts me.  Even though I hate this woman and her father is a self centered, selfish absentee father, I make it a point to NEVER bad talk about them in front of DD.  Yet she comes back from there and has heard a ear full and is teary eyes telling me about all this. 

Quoting Pukalani79:

I don't know, but I wouldn't put that on your child. 

Saydar
by on May. 16, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Well, you could remind exMIL that grandparents do not have any custodial rights/visitation rights at all.

Might be better to talk to exH instead, though. I do have to mention that I cringed when I read that you sent a message back to exMIL via your daughter. Please don't make her the monkey in the middle.

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on May. 16, 2013 at 11:58 AM

I did not send a message back.  I told DD next time that grand-ma starts to tell her to please stop and respect our privacy.  you need to understand that my daughter is extremely uncomfortable with her grand-mother, the old bat is traumatizing my daughter.   I think a talk with my ex is due but I know this will be an explosive conversation.  Especially that he owes me money too. 

Quoting Saydar:

Well, you could remind exMIL that grandparents do not have any custodial rights/visitation rights at all.

Might be better to talk to exH instead, though. I do have to mention that I cringed when I read that you sent a message back to exMIL via your daughter. Please don't make her the monkey in the middle.

crwspringer
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2013 at 12:01 PM
I would call ex mil and say that if she has a problem with you that she needs to address you directly.

It is inappropriate for your daughter to be put in the middle of something.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KylesMom409
by Linnette on May. 16, 2013 at 12:16 PM
Same here.

Quoting Briesmom38:

Briesmom38
by Gold Member on May. 16, 2013 at 12:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I would explain to your ex that if his mother doesn't stop bad mouthing you to your child then she's not going to be around your child at all...  

I don't put up with crap, to be honest, my ex mil hasn't seen my dd in years and either has her son.  They are completely out of her life and it is definitely for the best, because that's one crazy screwed up family!!!

Quoting Jinxed8:

I'm seriously itching to send my ex-MIL a letter but I so don't want to open that can of worms.  I have not spoken to her in nearly 4 years. 

I hate speaking to my ex and avoid it at all cost.  But seriously I've had enough of his bat-shit crazy mother HOW DARE she !!!  To my child nonetheless, it's one thing to trash talk me to whoever but not to my child. 

Quoting Briesmom38:

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN