Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would this be a deal breaker?

Posted by on May. 15, 2013 at 11:25 PM
  • 53 Replies
Ihave seen a post like this before but I can't find it and don't remember which group it was in. So I am sorry if I am being repetitive.

Would it be a deal breaker if you wanted more children and he didn't?

What if you had agreed to have more and then he changed his mind?
by on May. 15, 2013 at 11:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jackiewal10
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2013 at 11:27 PM
1 mom liked this

This JUST happened to me.  I always wanted 4 kids.  He wasn't sure he wanted more than 1, but I convinced him to have baby #2.  We HAD originally agreed that we would have 3 and compromise a little on each end.  Well, after #2 was born, he decided that we were done.  WELL!!!!  SOMEONE else decided that wasn't a good idea and we are now pregnant with #3.  LOL

jackiewal10
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2013 at 11:28 PM
2 moms liked this

My point, I guess, is that stuff has a way of working out the way it's meant to.  

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on May. 15, 2013 at 11:37 PM

No hubby and I compromise and come to agreements together.

nodramamama311
by on May. 15, 2013 at 11:44 PM
Someone else? I'm confused.

Quoting jackiewal10:

This JUST happened to me.  I always wanted 4 kids.  He wasn't sure he wanted more than 1, but I convinced him to have baby #2.  We HAD originally agreed that we would have 3 and compromise a little on each end.  Well, after #2 was born, he decided that we were done.  WELL!!!!  SOMEONE else decided that wasn't a good idea and we are now pregnant with #3.  LOL

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
---terrah---
by Member on May. 15, 2013 at 11:50 PM

It wouldn't be a deal breaker because DH and I would work through whatever disagreement we were having. Things change...people change...wants change...it's a part of life. You just have to sit down and come to some sort of compromise. It's tough sometimes but so worth it!

jackiewal10
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2013 at 11:51 PM

A "higher power".  I'm not a religious person, so I don't want to say "god", but someone else intervened on my behalf.  :)

Quoting nodramamama311:

Quoting jackiewal10:

nodramamama311
by on May. 16, 2013 at 7:44 AM
I got ya now...lol. I am not religious either, I'm agnostic actually but I too think things happen for a reason.

Quoting jackiewal10:

A "higher power".  I'm not a religious person, so I don't want to say "god", but someone else intervened on my behalf.  :)

Quoting nodramamama311:

Quoting jackiewal10:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Moof4boys
by on May. 16, 2013 at 7:54 AM
1 mom liked this
My husband wanted two, but here we are four now! I think he was happy to keep trying to get a girl for my sake. Honestly the feeling to have a child is innate I think it could be a deal breaker ...... Could be
breebree04
by on May. 16, 2013 at 8:52 AM

I think it depends on the alot of different things. Do you both have children from previous relationships? Are you already married to each other? Whats his reason for not wanting any or changing his mind? Have you thought of things from his point of view?  I think depending on the situation it could be a deal breaker but in other situations I think you could compromise with each other.

justahousewife
by Member on May. 16, 2013 at 9:02 AM

I'm actually in that situation. SO is fixed and adamant about not wanting more. Although I've decided to wait until my LO is in 1st to consider another I've been wondering if he's worth giving up the option altogether, especially since I support myself financially. We've been together 3yrs so it's not an easy decision.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)