Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Mobile Photo

It's been a BAD week. Hubby said some hurtful and disrespectful things on Monday night and I have barely said 2 words to him since. He has over ruled me when I've disciplined the kids. Then tonight he brought home my UGLY replacement phone case. He said he picked that one because it was cheap - but he spent almost $15 more on HIS.

So after feeding everyone dinner tonight and finding out my daughter lied to me again about her homework, I had enough and walked out. I've been gone for about 2 1/2 hrs and now I'm enjoying cheesecake and coffee... because I deserve it!
by on May. 16, 2013 at 9:05 PM
Replies (21-29):
Karen_29
by on May. 18, 2013 at 8:21 AM

There is only so much you can take as far as stress. I would take my time,cool off and enjoy some you time before going back.

soymujer
by Gold Member on May. 18, 2013 at 11:51 AM
1 mom liked this

A couple of months ago, hubby said some hurtful stuff to me.  I ignored him the rest of the night and then I left for the weekend for state bowling.  I didn't text him or anything.  I had my girl time and was able to clear my head.

family in the van   Mom of four

Shaybay218
by on May. 18, 2013 at 1:01 PM

Hope you are feeling better moma!

uriahadel
by on May. 18, 2013 at 10:40 PM

I know how you feel. although my husband isnt mean to me, but at times i just get so overwhelmed with family life that i just want to leave for awhile to get a break to myself... enjoy and yes you do deserve it

Vada31
by on May. 18, 2013 at 10:47 PM

Yes you do deserve it. Moms and wife's work sooo hard. an taken for granted is normal which happens alot. My husband is getting more an more horrible when it comes to being a role model for my three boys. I tell them don't lie, don't say bad words just things like that. Then he goes and does something stupid and they boys see him an their like well daddy does it! He makes my job as a mother very very hard. an I have no one to help me hes always gone because of his work then he comes home and on his days off he works on his rental business  an when he is around hes nothing but a kid himself an causes trouble an more an more messes for me. I marred a man three years older than me expecting more an well I got this!!!!!!

exhaustedmother
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2013 at 5:11 AM

I hope  things get better. Sounds like you need to sit him down and have a talk about how his actions and words are making you feel, but for now enjoy your time to yourself.

Acid
by on May. 19, 2013 at 8:38 AM

I am not taken for granted.  I married a man who wouldn't dream of being an asshole to me.

This typically happens when you spend more than a week or two with a man before sleeping with and marrying him.

I'm waiting for the 'all men are like this' crap.

Quoting Vada31:

Yes you do deserve it. Moms and wife's work sooo hard. an taken for granted is normal which happens alot. My husband is getting more an more horrible when it comes to being a role model for my three boys. I tell them don't lie, don't say bad words just things like that. Then he goes and does something stupid and they boys see him an their like well daddy does it! He makes my job as a mother very very hard. an I have no one to help me hes always gone because of his work then he comes home and on his days off he works on his rental business  an when he is around hes nothing but a kid himself an causes trouble an more an more messes for me. I marred a man three years older than me expecting more an well I got this!!!!!!

Only when the last tree has been cut down,
Only when the last river has been poisoned,
Only when the last fish has been caught,
Only then will you find that money cannot be eaten.

— Cree Indian Prophecy

trippsgirl
by on May. 19, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Woah, where did that come from?  My hubby is usually not mean and that may be why it bothered me so much.

Are you assuming that men who treat women like this do it because the women slept with them after knowing them a week?  You would be dead wrong in my case.  And no, not all men are like this!

Quoting Acid:

I am not taken for granted.  I married a man who wouldn't dream of being an asshole to me.

This typically happens when you spend more than a week or two with a man before sleeping with and marrying him.

I'm waiting for the 'all men are like this' crap.

Quoting Vada31:

Eve-marie
by on May. 19, 2013 at 3:45 PM
Make it a regular thing, girl.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN