Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need party help please

Posted by on May. 16, 2013 at 9:40 PM
  • 20 Replies
It's my son's first birthday so I have never done a children's party before. I am not sure about party favor etiquette. Party favors are only expected for children right? Not adults?

There will be 40 something people there and almost half are children. I am giving cute bags of candy as favors, not toys. I had only planned on doing them for the children. That is acceptable right?

*Sorry if this should be an obvious question.
by on May. 16, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MinglingMom
by Member on May. 16, 2013 at 10:25 PM
1 mom liked this

It's a kids party so I would only do it for the kids. Seems fair.

---terrah---
by Member on May. 16, 2013 at 11:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I've seen it both ways. In most cases, if it's a child's birthday party only attending children will get a party favor. But on occasion, there have been some small favors for adults too...normally things with a name & date on it...kind of like a keepsake momento.

2curly
by on May. 16, 2013 at 11:12 PM
2 moms liked this

Yes, I only give favors for the kids 

annelauer
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2013 at 11:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I would only do favors for the kids. Have fun!
Snook35
by Member on May. 17, 2013 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Favors for kids only. If you have extra then adults can eat candy. On my dd's 1st birthday I had other 1yr olds and then I had bigger kids so I made bags for both groups because smaller kids can't ate certain things. Just a thought.
CHand32
by on May. 17, 2013 at 11:57 AM

I think just the kids.  One mom gave relabeled jars of baby food as favors to the other babies at her son's 1st birthday party.  The labels included a character from the theme and a little note that said thank you for coming to my party. I thought the favors were adorable!

trippsgirl
by Member on May. 17, 2013 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Your're right.  I think a little bag of candy for each of the kids will be great.  For our kids' first bday we just invited adults.  The kid doesn't really know at that point.  :)  For our oldest and youngest kids we were close enough to family to invited all them for a cookout.  But we were far away from family when our second turned 1.  We had a combined party with our oldest (their bday's are 3 weeks apart) and invited her friends and adults.  It was nice. 
Biggest tip is don't stress.  Enjoy yourself and celebrate with your child!

MABmommy
by Member on May. 17, 2013 at 1:33 PM
I forgot to mention that I am giving the babies bay puffs too :-)

Quoting Snook35:

Favors for kids only. If you have extra then adults can eat candy. On my dd's 1st birthday I had other 1yr olds and then I had bigger kids so I made bags for both groups because smaller kids can't ate certain things. Just a thought.
MABmommy
by Member on May. 17, 2013 at 1:34 PM
That sounds adorable! I am giving the babies baby puffs but I was going to just tie a ribbon to it. I like the relabeling idea. Maybe I'll do that :-)

Quoting CHand32:

I think just the kids.  One mom gave relabeled jars of baby food as favors to the other babies at her son's 1st birthday party.  The labels included a character from the theme and a little note that said thank you for coming to my party. I thought the favors were adorable!

CHand32
by on May. 17, 2013 at 1:47 PM

Baby puffs with a riboon sounds like a great idea too.  Have a great party!

Quoting MABmommy:

That sounds adorable! I am giving the babies baby puffs but I was going to just tie a ribbon to it. I like the relabeling idea. Maybe I'll do that :-)

Quoting CHand32:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)