Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Need party help please

Posted by on May. 16, 2013 at 9:40 PM
  • 20 Replies
It's my son's first birthday so I have never done a children's party before. I am not sure about party favor etiquette. Party favors are only expected for children right? Not adults?

There will be 40 something people there and almost half are children. I am giving cute bags of candy as favors, not toys. I had only planned on doing them for the children. That is acceptable right?

*Sorry if this should be an obvious question.
by on May. 16, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MinglingMom
by Member on May. 16, 2013 at 10:25 PM
1 mom liked this

It's a kids party so I would only do it for the kids. Seems fair.

---terrah---
by on May. 16, 2013 at 11:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I've seen it both ways. In most cases, if it's a child's birthday party only attending children will get a party favor. But on occasion, there have been some small favors for adults too...normally things with a name & date on it...kind of like a keepsake momento.

2curly
by on May. 16, 2013 at 11:12 PM
2 moms liked this

Yes, I only give favors for the kids 

annelauer
by on May. 16, 2013 at 11:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I would only do favors for the kids. Have fun!
Snook35
by Member on May. 17, 2013 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Favors for kids only. If you have extra then adults can eat candy. On my dd's 1st birthday I had other 1yr olds and then I had bigger kids so I made bags for both groups because smaller kids can't ate certain things. Just a thought.
CHand32
by on May. 17, 2013 at 11:57 AM

I think just the kids.  One mom gave relabeled jars of baby food as favors to the other babies at her son's 1st birthday party.  The labels included a character from the theme and a little note that said thank you for coming to my party. I thought the favors were adorable!

trippsgirl
by on May. 17, 2013 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Your're right.  I think a little bag of candy for each of the kids will be great.  For our kids' first bday we just invited adults.  The kid doesn't really know at that point.  :)  For our oldest and youngest kids we were close enough to family to invited all them for a cookout.  But we were far away from family when our second turned 1.  We had a combined party with our oldest (their bday's are 3 weeks apart) and invited her friends and adults.  It was nice. 
Biggest tip is don't stress.  Enjoy yourself and celebrate with your child!

MABmommy
by on May. 17, 2013 at 1:33 PM
I forgot to mention that I am giving the babies bay puffs too :-)

Quoting Snook35:

Favors for kids only. If you have extra then adults can eat candy. On my dd's 1st birthday I had other 1yr olds and then I had bigger kids so I made bags for both groups because smaller kids can't ate certain things. Just a thought.
MABmommy
by on May. 17, 2013 at 1:34 PM
That sounds adorable! I am giving the babies baby puffs but I was going to just tie a ribbon to it. I like the relabeling idea. Maybe I'll do that :-)

Quoting CHand32:

I think just the kids.  One mom gave relabeled jars of baby food as favors to the other babies at her son's 1st birthday party.  The labels included a character from the theme and a little note that said thank you for coming to my party. I thought the favors were adorable!

CHand32
by on May. 17, 2013 at 1:47 PM

Baby puffs with a riboon sounds like a great idea too.  Have a great party!

Quoting MABmommy:

That sounds adorable! I am giving the babies baby puffs but I was going to just tie a ribbon to it. I like the relabeling idea. Maybe I'll do that :-)

Quoting CHand32:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)