Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

IDK what to do, another sibling for dh.

Posted by on May. 17, 2013 at 11:20 AM
  • 8 Replies

DH is upset. He just found out from his step grandfather that he has another sibling from his dad. He was talking about it and he didn't know my dh didn't know.

Back story: He's the oldest. (well, that we know of) His dad was a holiday dad. As in really only saw him on holidays. Come in with a bunch of stuff on Christmas and call it good. He paid his child support but that was about it. His grandparents on his dad's side were great though.

He has a brother who was put up for adoption from is dad's second wife that's IDK maybe around 33ish because his dad never wanted boys.

He has 3 sisters from his dad's second wife who he kinda grew up with. 2 are kinda shady so we keep minimal contact and the other lives 4 hours away.

Then he has like a 16 year old sister that his dad doesn't see (never has)He just sends a check every month. The uncle who I went to school with will not allow a relationship because he blames my dh for his sister getting pregnant. I have no clue how that works out because dh doesn't even talk to his dad and has never meet the mother. The way the guy talk you would think my dh was the one who was the dad.

Now he just found out he has a sister whom is in her 30's. IDK who the mom is. Plus who knows if there's others out there.

He's just for a loss for words. Are these people going to show up one day and ask if he's their brother. I wonder if theirs anyway for dh to find them. It really hurts dh to have brothers and sisters whom he's never meet. What kinda man just leaves babies everywhere. ( nevermind, I know)

shrugging

by on May. 17, 2013 at 11:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Pukalani79
by Kris on May. 17, 2013 at 12:44 PM

That would be very frustrating and confusing and disappointing all at the same time.  Hopefully if any of these siblings do seek him out, they can build a good relationship.

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on May. 17, 2013 at 8:26 PM

Wow, that would be tough :(  I hope he can connect with his siblings.

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2013 at 11:27 PM

Sounds like my situation. 

I was told around the age of 16 by my biological dad (whom I very rarely spoke to) that I should consult with him before I decided to marry someone so that he could reassure me that I wasn't marrying my brother. He claims he really has no idea how many kids he could have out there. I know I have an older sister and three younger siblings with another woman. Other than that, who knows. 

e-doolittle
by Kelly on May. 17, 2013 at 11:30 PM
Wow that would be hard
sdgd21
by Diana on May. 18, 2013 at 12:15 AM
Sadly my brother is this way. As if right now they are all young so we ( my mom sister and I ) do our best to see them and let hem see each other, sadly I'm not sure how this will work out when they are adults, :-(.
Sorry I can't help more.
KylesMom409
by Linnette on May. 18, 2013 at 7:04 AM
I agree.

Quoting Pukalani79:

That would be very frustrating and confusing and disappointing all at the same time.  Hopefully if any of these siblings do seek him out, they can build a good relationship.

Karen_29
by Bronze Member on May. 18, 2013 at 8:28 AM

Wow!! That would be very hurtful to just now find out. Maybe he can find the sibling and form a good relationship with..a positive thing to come of it.

MinglingMom
by Member on May. 18, 2013 at 11:29 AM

I can't even imagine. I wish I knew what to say, but I'm at a loss.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)