Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

is it safe to have ssex before your six week checkup?

Posted by on May. 19, 2013 at 5:27 PM
  • 24 Replies
i just ask because i feel like i just need to feel something besides grief right now. i want feel something besides sadness. and i need something else to do besides packing up my babies things and getting them out of the house. df isnt even considering it cuz it may not be safe yet i just want an hour out of my day where i feel normal again where things make sense where noone is sorry or crying an hour where im not seeing his face anymore and i need to not see his face. am i wrong for this? is it wrong to want to force it if hes not ready?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 19, 2013 at 5:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Raeann11
by Silver Member on May. 19, 2013 at 7:23 PM
This is how it was explained to me. It is an open wound you can not see. What they have learned is it take an an average women to heal.

If he is not ready I would not push him.

kitty8199
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2013 at 7:24 PM
You can get pregnant, infection, or even hemorrhage if you don't wait.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shaybay218
by on May. 19, 2013 at 8:42 PM

I was told you can get an infection but idk cause I always waited!

e-doolittle
by Kelly on May. 19, 2013 at 9:11 PM
You should wait
elzmnsf
by Silver Member on May. 20, 2013 at 12:26 AM
I would wait , but I don't think you are crazy for feeling how you do... I don't know your story, but from what I am reading on this post you both have suffered a terrible loss and I am so sorry you are going through this. I will pray for you to have strength . Even if it takes more than 6 weeks, that is perfectly understandable given the circumstances. But I can see why you'd want to forget for a moment, that seems very natural..:
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamaslilpunkin
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2013 at 7:16 AM

I didn't wait.I had a c-section and was told to wait 6 weeks.We did it at2 weeks post partum.I was going through major depression and I,like you,just wanted to do something normal,to feel like myself again,if only for a little while.My hubby had no issue.

CampClan
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2013 at 7:22 AM
Same here with my 1st c-section. BUT it became uncomfortable & hurt at a point so we stopped.

Quoting mamaslilpunkin:

I didn't wait.I had a c-section and was told to wait 6 weeks.We did it at2 weeks post partum.I was going through major depression and I,like you,just wanted to do something normal,to feel like myself again,if only for a little while.My hubby had no issue.

Misha1204
by on May. 20, 2013 at 7:27 AM
The doc says 6wks becaise you have to wait 6wks....
No, it is not safe....df has the right idea. You can get infected and/or get pregnant very easily. Didn't the doc explain all of this? 6wks is a very small price to pay. You can wait....I don't get it....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
danielle2211
by on May. 20, 2013 at 7:39 AM
After my 1st dd was delivered vaginally i had sex after two weeks but i was comfortable and had no problems..with my 2nd dd it was around 4 weeks when we did. I think it depends on the woman...you know if u had a hard delivery or any complications. Im sure alot of peole will disagree with me but woman jave been having babys for a life time before docs, hospitals, drugs or even sterilized equiptment....yes there were risk then as there are risk now. Make a wise choice for you and what your body feels. Maybe try talking to your dh about being intimate and sexual in the many other ways than the intercourse. And your not wrong for feeling any way! They are yout feelings and are valid!

Im so very sorry for your loss. I will be sending you positive thoughts and prayers and hope you and dh will be able to hang on and guide eachother through this great time of sorrow.

Im so sorry for your loss, i cldnt begin to imagine.
Karen_29
by on May. 20, 2013 at 8:47 AM

Im sorry for the way you are feeling. If he is not ready I would not push him.Plus you can get pregnant very easy right now! there are also other risks to consider as well. I waited with my youngest two but not my oldest. I thought i knew what i was doing. I ended up busting my stitches and having to go to the dr that told me to wait for him to restitch me. Trust me when i say it hurts worse to restitch and then the healing process starts over. If i was you i would wait un til the 6 weeks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN