Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

is it ok ?

Posted by on May. 19, 2013 at 9:08 PM
  • 35 Replies
some of my friends and I were having a debate is it OK for a married woman have a guy friend? the guys of course said Hell No! some of the women said yes it should be OK as long there's no feelings attached just friends.
OK So i want to know what you think?is it OK or no its not OK and why is it not OK ? and this is just a friendly point of view .
by on May. 19, 2013 at 9:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
e-doolittle
by Kelly on May. 19, 2013 at 9:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I like to think its ok. But after marriage it seems to change
CaNdI-Sp
by on May. 19, 2013 at 9:17 PM
I think so too and I try to explain to my friends it shouldn't matter as Long there is the trust there. but I have noticed the difference then dating the guys seems not to care so much but after being married they have this control that they own us and no other man not allowed to talk or look at us. which I don't see it that way .
LisaCunning
by on May. 19, 2013 at 11:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I think if he is friends with your husband also then, yes. If you feel you could boink him then, no. Lol 

SMTCMMoore
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2013 at 11:07 PM
2 moms liked this
I agree with the previous poster... If you and your spouse are both friends it seems to be better. But even with married couples that are friends of ours, I will call her, but if the husband needs to be called then I leave that up to DH. It feels more appropriate. Of course on occasion I have conversations alone with the husband, but I wouldn't be comfortable if it was just he and I and no spouses or kids or anything.
nodramamama311
by on May. 19, 2013 at 11:22 PM
I never understood what the big deal is. I've always had guy friends, my sister too, and we are both married, AND both of our husbands have girl friends. If we trust our spouses and are mature adults, why should we not have opposite sex friends? As a matter of fact my sister is still close friends with her ex boyfriend, who is himself married with children.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
strugglingmomx3
by on May. 19, 2013 at 11:32 PM

Just be careful...and how does your hubby feel about it that is what really counts my hubby and i are secure and he could care less who i am friends with :)

ooCherryo0
by on May. 20, 2013 at 12:20 AM

Yea, I have guy friends and dh has girl friends. Neither of us go out alone with the opposite sex though.

graycalico
by on May. 20, 2013 at 2:13 AM
Yes. We trust each other.
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on May. 20, 2013 at 2:15 AM
Yes as long as hubby is ok with it
SallyB_LMT
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2013 at 2:29 AM

Yes, it is fine.  It's a non-issue in our relationship, we trust each other.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN