Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

i walked 16 stories today

Posted by on May. 20, 2013 at 1:39 AM
  • 7 Replies
And I was shocked at how easy it was! We went to the caverns and they drop 16 stories below ground. Jason has been reading about caves for science so hey, field trip! I'll add pictures tomorrow they're on my laptop.
How was your Sunday?
by on May. 20, 2013 at 1:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
exhaustedmother
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2013 at 3:39 AM

That sounds cool! Glad you had a fun day. My Sunday was long- I worked, but I don't mind :)

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on May. 21, 2013 at 1:59 PM

Where are those pictures":-)

My Sunday was nice. We went to MIL's for a crawfish boil then came home so I could rest. 

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on May. 21, 2013 at 2:44 PM

oops

my son reading the history of the caverns.  He loves history.

eagerly awaiting the tour

with the "touching stone" the only part of the cave you can touch without facing fine/jailtime

at the bottom of the cave 16 stories down

hubby and dd coming back out.  Some of the stairways were really steep and only dd could walk up them without bending over.

So that was our grand cave adventure.  Sorry some of the pictures are sideways

Quoting countrymomma81:

My Sunday was nice. We went to MIL's for a crawfish boil then came home so I could rest. 

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love.  ~Mildred B. Vermont
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on May. 21, 2013 at 3:03 PM

Ohh, DH finally got some time off?? Yay for y'all!!!

I wish they had stuff like that around here. It'll have to stick to vacations and stuff though. 

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

oops

with the "touching stone" the only part of the cave you can touch without facing fine/jailtime

hubby and dd coming back out.  Some of the stairways were really steep and only dd could walk up them without bending over.

Quoting countrymomma81:

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on May. 21, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Yes!  He actually had two days off :)

We have 4 cavern options to chose from.  We want to check more of them out.

Quoting countrymomma81:

I wish they had stuff like that around here. It'll have to stick to vacations and stuff though. 

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

oops

Quoting countrymomma81:

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love.  ~Mildred B. Vermont
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on May. 21, 2013 at 3:12 PM

I'm so happy for you guys. I know how much you guys have been needing time with him. I'm sure the time off was much needed for him as well. 

We live in South Louisiana. I suppose if I looked hard enough there are tons of things to do around here. I guess sometimes you just need to look at your area through the eyes of a newcomer or tourist. We are always so busy with sports that we rarely get time off except for summer and with temps in the upper 90's most of the time it's just too darn hot to do anything but lay around or swim. 

You know, watching you post about all the things you get to do with your kids due to homeschooling had really opened my eyes to the whole thing. I'm still not sure it's right for my family but I no longer think it's strange or weird. Just wanted you to know that...lol. 

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Quoting countrymomma81:

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

oops

Quoting countrymomma81:

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on May. 21, 2013 at 3:34 PM

I have to say we are guilty of forgetting to look local as well.  I've been trying harder to think local and do the things we have done a million times but our kids have never experienced.  And the caves are going to be a great option for the middle of the California summer.

That made me smile.  I'm glad I was able to help.  Our next field trip is going to be to a cheese factory because ds has been asking how cheese is made.  I'm still upset that I can't take him to the Hershey factory since they moved to Mexico.  I loved going there when I was little.  And my mom and I are trying to decide what to do for our first week of school 3-4 day field trip this year.  We went to Monterey last year and had so much fun we decided we had to make it a tradition.  Most days I love homeschooling.  One of my favorite parts is we can do things while everyone else is in school and we don't have to fight the crowds!

Quoting countrymomma81:

I'm so happy for you guys. I know how much you guys have been needing time with him. I'm sure the time off was much needed for him as well. 

We live in South Louisiana. I suppose if I looked hard enough there are tons of things to do around here. I guess sometimes you just need to look at your area through the eyes of a newcomer or tourist. We are always so busy with sports that we rarely get time off except for summer and with temps in the upper 90's most of the time it's just too darn hot to do anything but lay around or swim. 

You know, watching you post about all the things you get to do with your kids due to homeschooling had really opened my eyes to the whole thing. I'm still not sure it's right for my family but I no longer think it's strange or weird. Just wanted you to know that...lol. 

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Quoting countrymomma81:

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

oops

Quoting countrymomma81:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN